1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 2:53 PM by Daniel Atwood RSS

Human Task- Parllel Approval

Suresh Nayak
      In one of my usecase i need to assign task to some set of users and outcome should be triggered if one specific user approves the task.

How to write the expression builder for this use case. I tried with

/task:task/task:systemAttributes/task:approvers=/task:task/task:payload/ns1:input/ns1:Name but its resulting error. can any one guide how to compare with a specific user.
        • 1. Re: Human Task- Parllel Approval
          Daniel Atwood
          I'm a little confused why you're using a Parallel human task for this.

>
          In one of my usecase i need to assign task to some set of users and outcome should be triggered if one specific user approves the task.
          >

I'm assuming you're going this route because you want someone from a list of people to act on the instance and that list of people is not defined in an LDAP group or an Application Role.

If this is the case, something you may want to consider is to instead use a simple "User" interactive activity that invokes a human task that is defined as "Single". You'd pass into the human task a comma separated string with all of the user ids of the people you want assigned (e.g. "jcooper,wfaulk"). In the "Assignment" tab of the human task, in the "Build a list of participants using" dropdown you'd select "Names and expressions". Click the plus icon -> set the "Identification Type" to "User" -> set the "Data Type" to "By Expression" -> set the value to the string you passed into the human task that has your comma separated assigned list of user ids.

Once one of the people assigned to the task takes an action on it (e.g. Approve or Disapprove), then the instance continues on in the process.

Dan