This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 5:16 AM by Ashok R RSS

Unlock Object Privilege

Ashok R Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I want to give Unlock object (Say package) privilege to a user. I tired looking at the methods in the Security manager, but i couldnt find anything. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ashok
  • 1. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    mRainey Journeyer
    Hi Ashok,

I believe only the user that has the object locked or a Supervisor user can unlock an object. I could be wrong, but I do not think this is something that can be configured by individual user.

Are you wanting User A to be allowed to unlock a Package (or other object) that has been locked by User B?

Regards,
    Michael Rainey
  • 2. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    Ashok R Newbie
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response.

--Are you wanting User A to be allowed to unlock a Package (or other object) that has been locked by User B?
    Yes Exactly. The problem is ours is a very big team and sometimes some user opens a object and leaves without unlocking it. I wanted to know if there is some way to unlock this without having Supervisor privilege.

Thanks,
    Ashok
  • 3. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    Refer below link and set the parameters are per your requirement

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29505_01/integrate.1111/e12643/appendix_b.htm#CHDIBBHI

Bhabani
  • 4. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    Ashok R Newbie
    Hi Bhabani,

Thanks for your response.
    The User parameters are specific to the machine(desktop) and will not satisfy my requirement. The more i think about this it looks like my requiremnet is not possible, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
    Ashok
  • 5. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    Bhabani Ranjan Guru
    I do think the same aswell. because these user parameters are stored in userpref.xml which is stored in the client directory and again runtime agents do not take into account the user parameter values specified in the userpref.xml file.

Even you will modify the parametrs by using any other programs(java), still it is not going reflect in the odi studio unless you restart it.
    <Object class="com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpUserParam">
              <Field name="Key" type="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[DEFAULT_LOCK_ON_OPENING]]></Field>
         <Field name="Value" type="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[ *0* ]]></Field>
         <Field name="Label" type="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[Lock object when opening]]></Field>
         <Field name="Type" type="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[com.sunopsis.graphical.userparam.SnpsTextFieldEditor]]></Field>
         <Field name="Help" type="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[Lock object when opening]]></Field>
         <Field name="Visible" type="boolean"><![CDATA[true]]></Field>
         <Field name="Updatable" type="boolean"><![CDATA[true]]></Field>
         <Field name="Position" type="int"><![CDATA[0]]></Field>
    </Object>

So may be no workaround for this.
    Just wait for the suggestion from other experts.

Bhabani
    http://dwteam.in
  • 6. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    SutirthaRoy Guru
    Hi,

There is no privilege for Unlock object

If you want to unlock an object which is locked by some one else (and can not be reached) then look for SNP_LOCKED_OBJECT .

Thanks
  • 7. Re: Unlock Object Privilege
    Ashok R Newbie
    Thanks Everyone for spending time on this :)

Ashok

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points