6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 8:03 AM by N.J RSS

Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...

Some fields was addicted to dictionary and when I deploy the cartridge, the following exception appear. Anyone can help me!

com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for: element matching the key Tipo_Ordem not found; error code: 108
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.handleSequenceException(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.processEntity(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.processEntity(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.doProcess(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.deploy(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.cartridgemgmt.DeployCartridgeMDB.c(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.cartridgemgmt.DeployCartridgeMDB.a(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.cartridgemgmt.DeployCartridgeMDB.onMessage(Unknown Source)
      at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.MDListener.execute(MDListener.java:466)
      at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.MDListener.transactionalOnMessage(MDListener.java:371)
      at weblogic.ejb.container.internal.MDListener.onMessage(MDListener.java:327)
      at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.onMessage(JMSSession.java:4659)
      at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.execute(JMSSession.java:4345)
      at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.executeMessage(JMSSession.java:3821)
      at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.access$000(JMSSession.java:115)
      at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession$UseForRunnable.run(JMSSession.java:5170)
      at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
      <02/01/2013 10h06min27s BRST> <Error> <oms> <BEA-000000> <cartridgemgmt.DeployCartridgeMDB: Cartridge deployment failed:
      com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for: element matching the key Tipo_Ordem not found; error code: 108
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.handleSequenceException(Unknown Source)
      at com.mslv.oms.metadatahandler.operation.ImportOperation.doProcess(Unknown Source)
        • 1. Re: Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...
          user491422 - oracle
          This indicates OSM has detected a problem with the consistency of the cartridge that is being deployed. Likely this means that Design Studio itself had a problem building the cartridge that went undetected until the cartridge was deployed.

I would suggest you try the following:

1. Shutdown and restart Design Studio.
          2. Do a clean-build of your cartridge.
          3. Redeploy the cartridge.

If you are redeploying your cartridge over an existing cartridge version, then try changing the cartridge version number, follow steps 1-3 above and see if that makes any difference.

If the above doesn't resolve your problem, then suggest you contact Oracle Support.

Regards,

Brian.
          • 2. Re: Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...
            Hi Brian, thank you for reply.

The steps 1-3 was executed several times, but did not solve my problem. And in this particular case, I need to change in the existing cartridge (can not change the version), because there are still orders waiting this change to continue work correctly.

How do I know the exact point of the problem?

Regards,

Fernando
            • 3. Re: Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...
              Hi
              Open Cartridge Model xml and change Cartridge Management variables,

purge catridge before deployemnt= true
              purge order on undeply = true.

It will solve your issue after following Brian's, steps.

Thanks
              Tarini.
              • 4. Re: Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...
                user491422 - oracle
                Tarini - the steps you outlined below are not appropriate

1. Setting purge before deployment and purge order on undeploy will permanently delete all orders associated with the cartridge that he is trying to fix. This is certainly not recommended for a production environment. Only do this in dev/test environments where you don't mind losing test orders.
                2. Assuming you did want to do purge orders, you can do this through the cartridge editor in Design Studio. No need to hand-edit XML.

Getting back to the original problem - I don't have an explanation to offer as to what is the root cause of the issue. Suggest you open up an SR with Oracle Support.

Brian.
                • 5. Re: Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...
                  Brian your 100% correct and as well as SR has to be open for this.
                  But as per my understanding, this is dead end, nothing can be done, he has to fix the issue to clean up, and retest.
                  either he can create new version or set the variables, in Cartridge Management Variables, in DS.
                  I faced the same issue, in 7.2.0.1.1.
                  • 6. Re: Oracle OSM: MetadataException: There is no entity found in document for...
                    N.J
                    Hi Fernando,

This happens when you rename the fields. Design Studio tries to rename in all fields but in some tasks it fails to do so.
                    In that case as a workaround, we have to change the string in the back-end by directly editing the files in Studio. So in the Design studio, you have to run a search on all files(Ctrl+H) with search string as "Tipo_Ordem" and File name Patterns as "*". This search will list down all occurences of "Tipo_Orderm", so you rename the string in those files carefully.

This will solve your problem without by neither purging cartridges nor changing the version.

Thanks
                    Naveen Jabade