3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 10:36 AM by Pete Mahon RSS

error when calling skillbuilder popup in edit-record mode

Gor_Mahia
      Apexers,
      Iam facing another issue with Skillbuilder modal page(for those who have used this plugins). Ive the CREATE part working well the problem is with EDIT part to edit records via the link i applied all the steps and clicking the edit link pops up the page but the issue is for any clicked row the parameter is not being passed and seleceted record doesnt show on the pop up page where could the problem be? though if i set it back to normal link created by the wizard the edit link works well and shows that record on the editable page.

Apex 4.1.1/oracle 11gR2 ; issue happens in FF & IE

any help please?

thanks.
        • 1. Re: error when calling skillbuilder popup in edit-record mode
          Gor_Mahia wrote:
          Apexers,
          Iam facing another issue with Skillbuilder modal page(for those who have used this plugins). Ive the CREATE part working well the problem is with EDIT part to edit records via the link i applied all the steps and clicking the edit link pops up the page but the issue is for any clicked row the parameter is not being passed and seleceted record doesnt show on the pop up page where could the problem be? though if i set it back to normal link created by the wizard the edit link works well and shows that record on the editable page.
          Hi,

How do you define the "URL Location" in the dynamic action "Settings" region when calling the plugin? Is it "Statically Defined"? If yes, please make sure that you are setting the URL to the target page correctly - you need to set the appropriate page items of the target page in the URL definition.

If the URL is being set properly, make sure that the target page has a page process (before/after header) to load the contents correctly.
          Apex 4.1.1/oracle 11gR2 ; issue happens in FF & IE

any help please?

thanks.
          So, what happens in other browsers - chrome?
          • 2. Re: error when calling skillbuilder popup in edit-record mode
            Gor_Mahia
            Rohit Kapoor
            i think i got that part right setting the URL to href then on my DA i point to this via a.<classname>

anyway i resolved this issue by creating another field link but default link never worked ive to research why...thanks.
            • 3. Re: error when calling skillbuilder popup in edit-record mode
              Pete Mahon
              Have you got your Dynamic Action for the Edit link set to live rather than bind?