This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 3:18 PM by Kristen G RSS

Endeca Product Catalog Deployment  Template

PrincessPoonam Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am unable to see the reference app discover-data-pci in this location C:\Endeca\ToolsAndFrameworks\3.1.0\reference\ discover-data-pci.

according to the guide http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35827_01/ToolsAndFrameworks.310/pdf/ProductCatalogDTGuide.pdf

there is a step that say use the Using the Product Catalog Deployment Template Application to create an Product catalog application.

Any help on this
  • 1. Re: Endeca Product Catalog Deployment  Template
    Pankaj.Rajankar Explorer
    I don't have anything other than suggesting you a reinstall of Tools and Framework. Make sure you pick the Guided Search option Experience Manager [edit: sorry about the incorrect package name] when you download the package:
    Tools and Frameworks 3.1.0. Required. This component has two packaging options. There is an installation package for Oracle Endeca Guided Search and an installation package for Oracle Endeca Experience Manager.
    Pankaj.

Edited by: Pankaj.Rajankar on Jan 4, 2013 6:39 AM
  • 2. Re: Endeca Product Catalog Deployment  Template
    PrincessPoonam Newbie
    Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your response.

What is the difference in these two downloads Oracle Endeca Tools and Frameworks with Experience Manager 3.1.1 for Linux x86-64 and Oracle Endeca Tools and Frameworks 3.1.1 for Linux x86-64

My main task is to index the ATG-CRS data with Endeca. Which one should i download.?
  • 3. Re: Endeca Product Catalog Deployment  Template
    shabari Newbie
    Hi,

If you want to use experience manager in work bench for creating all page templates that you are going to use in your ATG web application, you should go for
    Tools&Frameworks with Experience Manager.

You get the discover-data-pci reference application with this installation as well.

Eg: C:\Endeca\ToolsAndFrameworks\3.1.0\reference\discover-data-pci

Thanks,
    Shabari

Edited by: shabari on Jan 4, 2013 12:10 AM
  • 4. Re: Endeca Product Catalog Deployment  Template
    Kristen G Explorer
    Keep in mind that folder includes the data, configuration and the deployment template template (deploy.xml) for Discover when using the Product Catalog Integration, but the webapp itself is the same Discover Electronics used with the forge-only data pipeline. Were you looking for the webapp?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points