This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 9:43 PM by Vishal_EM_assist RSS

Require Information Oracle BTM monitors

Roshni Shankar Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I need some information on Oracle BTM. I want to know we should deploy btmmonitors on which server. Do we need to deploy this archive btmMonitor.ear to the managed server which is hosting the business application (in my case soa_server1) or we need to create a new managed server with a name like btm_monitor_server and deploy the archive btmMonitor.ear file on that server.

Please Guide!!! I am very new to Oracle BTM
  • 1. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    Roshni Shankar Newbie
    Hi All,

any updates on my query??
  • 2. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    Vishal_EM_assist Explorer
    Hello Roshini,

Please re-review the original response to you earlier query posted on this forum with the subject "Information Regarding BTM", which answers in detail. In production mode, you should deploy btmMonitor.ear on a separate managed server.

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    Roshni Shankar Newbie
    Thanks Vishal,

It is absolutely clear now that we have to deploy btmmonitor.ear in a separate managed server but should I deploy it in the each domain where the managed server which hosts the business application to be monitored exists or should I deploy this ear file in the same domain where I deployed the btm central servers? This is my query..
  • 4. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    BTM monitor application is deployed the same way you deployed the other 3 central servers, so in same domain as other 3 central servers. Only Observers are deployed to WL Home for each of the monitored container.
  • 5. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    Roshni Shankar Newbie
    Hi Vishal,

I have deployed btm monitor and observer and in the btm console the count against monitors is showing 1 like monitors(1) but the count against observers is showing 0 observer(0). I have deployed observer but its not reflectine in the btm console. Can you please tell me how can I verify the installation of observer in my managed server?

Also no service discovery happen automatically. I registered a service manually by providing its WSDL. But no data for this service is avaialable on the btm console. Also when I selected the transaction tab it gave me the following message

*"This service does not have any managed endpoints. To define message properties for this service, use the Network>Services view to first place the service under management."*

But I am not able to find Network>Services View anywhere in the btm console

Please help!!!

I am doing it for the first time and also not much documents or help are avaialable at google.
  • 6. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    It seems your Observer hasn't got deployed correctly. Run you installation steps once again by the following document: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e37016/observer_overview.htm#CJAJCBEI and http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e37016/observer_weblogic.htm#CIHJGJAG for WebLogic specifically. If you still aren't able to sort the issue out, then it would be best to create a SR and work with support.
  • 7. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    Roshni Shankar Newbie
    Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the document!! My observer is installed now and it has descovered some of the services on my managed server also. But now I am getting one system alert with the message *"Unable to contact any entry point in the container <host>:<port>; marking it down."*

And not all the services which are deployed on my managed server got discovered. Can you please tell me what can be the issue?
  • 8. Re: Require Information Oracle BTM monitors
    First make sure that your container/managed server is running on host:port as what you see in BTM console.

Also, was your container discovered after you deployed the observer correctly or was it there before that somehow?If later is the case, then delete the container from BTM console (select container from container view > delete from top menu) and then send new traffic to discover container again.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points