This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 12:55 AM by Hesh RSS

Synchronize table changes

Hesh Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

OWB 11g R2, oracle DB 11g

For some reasons.... I have changed my table definitions in the DB level, added few columns and loaded the data using some scripts into this table. I have this table in OWB (old version without these extra columns), is there anyway to synchronize the table definitions from DB to OWB? or I have to do all the changes in OWB again? If I deploy by changing the table in OWB manually then deploy, I guess it does not allow to upgrade, but if I do replace, there is a risk of loosing the data.

Is there any way to do this without loosing the data?

Thanks
Hesh
  • 1. Re: Synchronize table changes
    Pnreddy Explorer
    Hi,

You have to reimport the table into OWB (i.e by right clicking the module where the table resides -> select import 'from database' )

Then synchronize this table in the maps that are using this table.(Inbound synchrinization).

Regards,
    Pnreddy
  • 2. Re: Synchronize table changes
    Hesh Newbie
    Thanks Reddy for your valuable response, will it applicable even though the table has been created in OWB first then deployed? because this is what I read while doing some research.

http://www.packtpub.com/article/synchronizing-objects-oracle-warehouse-builder

Regards,
    Hesh
  • 3. Re: Synchronize table changes
    Pnreddy Explorer
    Hi Hesh,

Yes, this is applicable whether you have created the table through OWB or DB, if you have made the changes for the table at DB level you can reimport the table into OWB and synchronize, Otherwise you need modify the object in OWB manually which will be a cumbersome process if the changes are huge.

Thanks and Regards,
    Pnreddy
  • 4. Re: Synchronize table changes
    Hesh Newbie
    Thanks Reddy for the mentioned knowledge, it would be really grateful if this works for me, I will try these things.

Hesh

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points