1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 3:20 AM by User415813 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
        User415813
        Hi keerthi,
        meanwhile there's one error for null pointer exception for line,

DtEstablishmentBn.setRequired("no");

which is OAMessageDateFieldBean.
        any idea about this?

Namrata
        • 16. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
          User415813
          Hi,
          problem about datefieldBean is solved ...im putting sessionvalue at region1 and getting in Region2,3 still value is not passing to other pages....
          any idea about this...

Namrata
          • 17. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
            keerthioaf
            Hi Namrata ,

Try to debug with the writeDiagnostics messages , see where the value is getting null , print in both page
            see weather you are able to get the value in the first page .

Page 1 :

This should be in Process From request () of page 1

String myName="Neelmani";
            pageContext.putSessionValue("Name",myName);//Set The Value to Session
            pageContext.writeDiagnostics(this, "session value is:" +myName);

Page 2 :

This should be in Process request () of page 2

String myName=(String)pageContext.getSessionValue("Name"); //get The Value from Session
            pageContext.writeDiagnostics(this, "session value is:" +myName);

Keerthi
            • 18. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
              User415813
              Hi keerthi,
              i already extended all CO's and checked with Diagnostics...
              and also i have extended main page CO..as you said..

when i extend page1 CO..(not any regions..), and try to get value in region2,region3,region4
              i cant get categort value by pagebean

getting error as,
              racle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: Could not create Java class: (oracle.apps.ar.cusstd.createcus.webui.GICCArCreCusCO) associated with region: (pageLayoutRN). This is probably because the class name is wrong or not included in project.

structure of my page is..
              page1 {region1 -->get category value}

and pass to....

=====> page2 {region2 --> get category value and customization }
              =====> page3 {region3 --> get category value and customization }
              ====> page4 {region4 --> get category value and customization }
              I was getting category value for region2 ,untill i was gextending CO of region1...
              But region3,region4 are not getting category value...

i should get value of category from region1 to 'region2,region3,region4'....

please suggest'
              Namrata

Edited by: 933622 on Jan 8, 2013 10:52 PM
              • 19. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
                keerthioaf
                hi Namrata,

Package name should be : package SONY.oracle.apps.irc.offers.webui; //SONY is my custom top

Class you extend should be : (mention the full qualified path of your parent controller class )

public class XX_EXT_CreateOfferCO extends oracle.apps.irc.offers.webui.CreateOfferCO
                {

}
                Are you trying to run the page in Jdevloper / from server ??

if from server then , Bounce apache server a and try to run again .

Keerthi
                • 20. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
                  keerthioaf
                  Hey ,

I have also notice that your package name is wrong , you have mentioned - package oracle.apps.ar.hz.components.account.site.webui;

This should have been prefixed with some custom path ..something like

XX_yourcustom_top. oracle.apps.ar.hz.components.account.site.webui.

Then continue with your code

public class GICCHzPuiAcctSiteDtailCO extends oracle.apps.ar.hz.components.account.site.webui.HzPuiAcctSiteDtailCO
                  {

}

Keerthi
                  • 21. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
                    User415813
                    Hi,
                    right now im not using custom top as i faced exceptions while using extensions from there..
                    im running pages from server not on jdev...i.e. taking bounce on instance afetr every change...
                    im putting my extended CO's in DEV instance only..

thanks'
                    Namrata
                    • 22. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
                      User415813
                      Hi keerthi,
                      im removing session value in one of regions i.e. region2 while extending ..
                      so do i am not getting value in region3/4 bcoz of it?

Namrata
                      • 23. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
                        keerthioaf
                        Hi Namrata ,

I don't think so .

Are you sure that your other extension are working fine with out creating the custom top ??

Its always good practice to have custom top created so that you can move all your customization under custom directory .

If the patch is applied all your customization is removed if there is not custom directory , even if you are working in DEV instance
                        its going to be difficult to rename to pakage path and move it over to production .

I would suggest you to go for custom directory first . so that we can track / debug errors like ...racle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: Could not create Java class: (oracle.apps.ar.cusstd.createcus.webui.GICCArCreCusCO) associated with region: (pageLayoutRN). This is probably because the class name is wrong or not included in project.

Keerthi
                        • 24. Re: passing value from seeded page to multiple pages
                          User415813
                          Hi,
                          i had put wrong file on instance to personalize that page...so that error was coming..
                          my 3 pages are working fine with extension i did now.
                          i will follow standard custom top creation page at the end, after the pages works on instance..

Thanks'
                          1 2 Previous Next