4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 6:13 PM by MinnieB

What is causing Budget Account is Invalid error on PO line?

MinnieB
      Helping troubleshoot a problem and I'm a newbie when it comes to Purchasing. We are using Oracle R12.1.3 and had a PO created in January with 15 lines on it. All using the same accounts and they approved fine. In March a line was added to the PO, using the same account numbers for the charge and distributions. But when the approve button is hit, the following error came up:

Error: Budget account is invalid

Cause: The budget account that you entered or that was derived is invalid.

Action: Enter a valid budget account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you suppose could be causing this?

I should mention that a new purchase order was created using the same account numbers and it approved with no problem. I looked at this in a test instance and I checked the GL date on the problem PO and I gave it a date in an open purchasing period, but still have the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.