2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 5:47 AM by Anuj Dwivedi RSS

OSB installed in WebLogic 12C - when it will be supported

As I believed that OSB is nothing more than a webaplication with specific tables in Oracle database I imagined that I could try to install OSB in WebLogic12C. Maybe I am telling a stupid thing because I can see that after installed OSB, there is a specific new server on WebLogic console.
      Anyway, even if it was right, there a huge difference between I installed locally to test and I confirmed to do this without comercial support. Then, my question is: Is there some prediction about OSB, OER, OSR (SOA tools) be supported in WebLogic 12C? The more important for me is OSB.
      Other question is: is there some prediction about new version of OSB? If so, this probably will work by default at weblogic 12c.
        • 1. Re: OSB installed in WebLogic 12C - when it will be supported
          AbhishekJ
          OSB is not just a web application with configurations saved in DB.
          OSB is a bundle of J2EE applications and Webapps(sbconsole is a web app). OSB configurations are not stored in DB(with exception of Reporting data which is stored in a DB).
          Now coming to your original question, OSB (and for that matter all products of FMW) are tightly coupled with the Weblogic Server versions. So for example OSB 11.1.1.6 will have problems running on Weblogic Version 10.3.1
          Similarly you wont be able to properly run OSB 11.1.1.6 on Weblogic 12c.
          On your last question, all of FMW stack will be released for Weblogic 12c version in future but might be on a future build/patchset of Weblogic 12c and not on the vanilla Weblogic 12c which is already released.
          • 2. Re: OSB installed in WebLogic 12C - when it will be supported
            Anuj Dwivedi
            Anyway, even if it was right, there a huge difference between I installed locally to test and I confirmed to do this without comercial support
            You are correct. As Abhishek has already mentioned, OSB is not merely a web-app and it is tightly integrated with Weblogic app server. So there is no meaning putting any effort to try to get it work on Weblogic 12c.
            Is there some prediction about OSB, OER, OSR (SOA tools) be supported in WebLogic 12C? The more important for me is OSB.
            It is too early to talk about 12c but yes, all these products will be part of OFMW 12c.
            Other question is: is there some prediction about new version of OSB? If so, this probably will work by default at weblogic 12c.
            The next version of OSB will be 11g R1 patch set 6 (11.1.1.7) and hence it will only be certified with Weblogic 10.3.7

Regards,
            Anuj