1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 5:14 AM by Jiri.Machotka-Oracle RSS

IPM Application raising error The requested definition not found

Sukarna
      We are using Oracle IPM and when user logs into IPM they are presented with list of searches and then followed by an error message

The Requested definition not found.

We have roles defined for these searches and users have those roles. We use LDAP authentication using edir. It works for a specific role and does not work for another role. Please advice if the security is messed up. If so what are the next steps to deal with this issue

1) I am thinking to delete the searches and recreating them.
      2) Refresh ipm security.

Let me know if any one of you have faced this issue. If so please advice.

Thanks
      Sukarna
        • 1. Re: IPM Application raising error The requested definition not found
          Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
          Hi Sukarna,

from your description it really feels like a security issue, even though the error message The Requested definition not found. does not give any hint what could be wrong.

Before changing anything I would first to try to understand the cause. Have you tried to see what's in the log? (see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/admin.1111/e12782/c11_troubleshooting.htm#CEGEJEAF )

If it does not provide any useful info, I'd use common sense - if one role works and the other don't, what's different? It can be security setting on searches as well as on applications.

The last tip: prior to deletion you may export your definition so that you may import it back, if necessary.