0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 3:18 AM by Zack.L RSS

Unable to save Chinese characters in Resource Template.

Hi all,

Am running AL 1.1.4 on OEL 4.8 in box A and oracle database with Apex 4.2.1 on OEL4.8 in box B.

Running standalone mode using:

java -Dapex.home=/home/oracle/apex -Dapex.images=/home/oracle/static/images -Dapex.port=8585 -Djava.encoding=UTF-8 -jar apex.war

Unable to find any help information on -Djava.encoding on what other format that can be use.
      Anyway, tried in Linux to set LANG to the following but to no avail.
      unset , zh_CN, zh_CN_gb2312, zh_CN.gbk, zh_CN.utf8

Had use the URI template hello?who={person}
      select 'Hello ��� ' || :person || ' from APEX' greeting from dual

After keying in the correct chinese character 龙 and SAVE and upon retrieving template or through RESTFUL, it always show garbage as in above.

Am able to login to APEX to input and display chinese characters with no problem using Sample Database Application.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Zack.L on Jan 8, 2013 9:59 PM

My mistake, after reinstalling AL 1.1.4 with default LANG using en_US.UTF-8, resource template is able to store chinese characters.

My original problem is that when using, the return data always show garbage instead of the correct chinese character as below:
      {"items":[{"greeting":"Hello 榫� ABC from APEX"}]}

When my above input is changed from ABC to other chinese characters, garbage is also displayed.
      Am using Firefox 17.0.1 and IE9, browser setting no problem as can browse chinese websites correctly.
      Is there any setting that need to be tweak on AL1.1.4 side or Linux side ?

Edited by: Zack.L on Jan 8, 2013 10:43 PM
      Export Resource Template also shows garbage in resources.zip but when retrieving URI , correct Chinese character is display in template.

Edited by: Zack.L on Jan 18, 2013 5:15 PM
      Resolved when both Linux boxes LANG in locale are set to en_US.UTF-8.