7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 11:34 PM by 753616 RSS

How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?

oracle_samba
      Hello Experts / Dina,

I am in situation where customer is in business of body shopping and charges to his final customer based on individual invoice / per employee /contracor & customer services. This was happening in legacy system but after the implementation of Oracle Project costing and Oracle Project billing, customer is not able to generate invoices per employee services. Rather consolidated invoices are getting generated.

How to achieve this functionality in oracle project billing?

Lets take example - On Project P1 for customer ABC, 3 below employees are working on different task for 3 months.

Now after one month employees have been billed as shown below.

Emp 1 - 1000 USD - for 100 Hrs
      Emp 2 - 2000 USD - for 200 Hrs
      Emp 3 - 1000 USD - for 50 hrs

Now @ end of the month when invoice is getting generated is 1 invoice including 3 lines of amount total 4000 USD. There is problem; customer wants that there should be 3 different invoices per employee shoud generated based on above mentiond 3 diff lines for customer ABC.

I guess with oracle projects billing - You can split the invoice based on Accrue through date ( which is not possible in this case ) and agreement ( which is also not possible in this case ) and different currency ( which is again not possible in this case) - I may be wrong when saying it is not possible. plz correct me if I am wrong.

even I guess billing extension wont work. So is there any way to achive this?

Right now only option i am thinking is let single invoice of 4000 USD with 3 different lines should pass to AR and while priniting the invoice customer can create 3 diff prints which includes individual lines. and while applying receipts on the single invoice in the system, customer can apply the receipts to indivual lines.
      but I am not sure about AUDIT issues.. Can some one think about any AUDIT issues comes to this approch or issues with TAX rounding amount issues ?

Infact I would like to solve this issue with the help of Oracle Projects billing and not with custom invoice print program. I guess someone from you experts can figure it out to generate muiltple invoice based on employees / suppliers / contractors / materials etc.

A suggestion on Extension / customization / seeded functionality of Oracle Project billing on thi issue would be gr8 help.

Please help.

Thanks
      :-)

Edited by: oracle_samba on Jan 7, 2013 1:06 AM

Edited by: oracle_samba on Jan 7, 2013 1:07 AM
        • 1. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
          Hi,

In your case why dont you raise Expense Reports and map according to your needs (ie.Instead of Arifare - Consulting, Contracts, Services.........etc).

Regards
          Raghavender K
          • 2. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
            oracle_samba
            Hello Raghav,

Thanks for responding.

My issues is about AR invoice which is currently getting generated @ end of the month with total amount of 4000 USD which we wanted to split it into 3 different invoices based on employees mentioned in above example. -There is no question of expense reports comes in this scenario. If yes then could you please help me in understand how expense report mapping will help here?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
              Hi,

In Payables, Create Expense Report Templates >Expense Items (Which u need in PA) > Expense Category (Misc.........etc.). Then map to AP Invoice which is Project releated, here Emp must be Supplier and rest of the process is same.

If you can update me your number will call you and explain or in you can drop me ur number at raghuk4@gamil.com

Regards
              Raghavender K
              • 4. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
                Dina Rotem
                Hi

You may consider using billing extensions that will separate the invoices by employee. However, to acheive that you will need to run in a loop the GDI for the same project. After first invoice is generated with only one employee you will need to approve and release it, and only than you could go on and run GDI again for the next employee, and so on.
                If the company agree that draft invoices will be automatically approved and released, you might consider using the automatic release client extension, to facilitate the cycles.

In order to get a separate invoice per employee you should develop an extension that will be called on PRE-Processing place.
                That extension will check the available unbilled expenditures and verify if there are more than one employee. If so, select first employee and put one-time hold on all other employees expenditures.

Dina
                • 5. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
                  oracle_samba
                  Hi Dina,

First of all thanks for your update :-) Your solution looks much promising.

I thought of using billing extension but rejected on the ground that I would end up in generating events based on employee for their corsponding billig amounts so finally generating a consolidated invoice only in One GDI run. But what i was missing was pre-processing extension and running the extention in loop based on employee count.

I am fully sure business would not have any issues of auto approving and releasing invoice upon generation. But my question is "is it possible to just approve the invoice & not release it using auto approve and release extension?" The reason is I think when GDI runs it only deletes Unapproved invoice & spare Approve invoices. - So please suggest.

Also please validate my understanding about your solution with an existing example -

As with the current example, there are 3 EMP presents so need to run GDI 3 times and develop pre-processing ext in a such a way that at each time it will put on hold on all the billable items except EMP1, and EMP2 and EMP3 on each consecutive run respectivly. And ensure that Auto Approve and release extension should be used in order to avoid overriding previously generated invoice? Am I right ?

Many Many thanks for solution !!!

Regards,
                  • 6. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
                    Dina Rotem
                    Hi

The extension for automating approval/release of invoices is called by GDI after the draft invoice is fully prepared. You can
                    develop your own logic for the conditions where invoice should be approved or released.
                    Just note, if you leave several invoices as approved, you will need to release them by the order they were created.

In the example of multiple employees on the project, the pre processing billing extension will leave emp1, and all other employees expenditures will put on one-time hold. Those the draft invoice will include only the emp1 transactions.
                    The next GDI in the loop will not find emp1 transactions, so it will pick emp2 and all remaining transactions will put on one-time hold. The second draft will include only emp2 transactions.
                    The next GDI in the loop will not find emp1 and emp2 transactions. Therefore, next draft invoice will include the next employee. When no more employees' transactions are available the draft invoice gets empty.

The automation can go further if you have many projects with that same requirement. We have developed a custom program that call the GDI in a loop for a single project, untill there is nothing more to bill there, then go on and call GDI in a loop for the next project, etc.

Dina
                    • 7. Re: How to generat multiple invoices based on per employee/contractor/services?
                      Hi Dina,

Your suggestion on this issue seems to be quit impressing compared any other solution which I can think of at this point. One of my customers is exploring different options to split the invoices based on Project or Consultant level. I can try your solution to convince the customer which will work as per their requirements. To minimize the my effort would you mind to share your deliverables (code and doco,f any). Please email me on jjmb6106@yahoo.com.

Thanks in Advance
                      Joby