This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 10:51 AM by 893630 RSS

IntialContext issue on .exe execution

893630 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have a Javafx2.2 application which works well as Netbeans 7.2 standAlone application.
I then created a self contained deployment application and generated the bundle as per the tutorial provided.

However, when I click the .exe file , my application gets hold (comes to standstill ) at the declaration of InitialContext . If I see my log file , I can see "debug 1" and "debug2" not" debug 3" or any exception ).
I find this little awkward because either the control has to go through or exception has to be thrown. None of this is happening. Also being a exe file execution, I cannot debug it in netbeans IDE.

try {
          Logger.getLogger(ServiceLoc.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "debug 1");
            loadProperties();
            Logger.getLogger(ServiceLoc.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "debug 2");
            context = new InitialContext(properties);
           Logger.getLogger(ServiceLoc.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "debug 3");

} catch (Exception e) {
            Logger.getLogger(ServiceLoc.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, e.getMessage(), e);
        }
I have provided all the glassfish lib jars in the classpath along with jre's rt.jar. I have also provided all the glassfish*.jar from glassfish modules.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: IntialContext issue on .exe execution
    EJP Guru
    What would the properties be? What would the provider be? Have you tried looking for JNDI trace properties for that provider?
  • 2. Re: IntialContext issue on .exe execution
    893630 Newbie
    Hi EJP,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am using the following in jndi.properties file .
    java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory
    org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=localhost
    org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort=3700
    java.naming.factory.url.pkgs = com.sun.enterprise.naming
    java.naming.factory.state = com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl
    I am using glassfish v3 and this was the recommended way .

Also, the same issue appears if I just create InitialContext without any properties parameter i.e.
    InitailContext context = new InitialContext() 
    So, I don't think it is because of the properties but some missing environmental jar which netbeans provided but not here.
  • 3. Re: IntialContext issue on .exe execution
    893630 Newbie
    I was able to get it working after adding jar files from glassfish modules.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points