4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 2:56 AM by bigdelboy RSS

When to take the OCA certification

missymichi
      Hi! I am barely 6 months within the job in the Database Administration field (fresh graduate) and I believe I'm still learning the ropes, I would like to ask when is the best time to take an OCA certification and what are the preparations you suggest I can do.

Oracle Newbie here :)
        • 1. Re: When to take the OCA certification
          matthew_morris
          ...and I believe I'm still learning the ropes,
          I know you still are. I've been working with Oracle for 17 years and I haven't stopped learning yet.
          I would like to ask when is the best time to take an OCA certification
          The best time to study for an Oracle certification is today, tomorrow, and whenever you have the time so long as you are working in the field. The best time to not be studying for a certification is when there is something that you need to learn that doesn't yet have an associated certification. Study until you learn that... then go back to studying for a certification.

In the IT field, if you are not learning, then you are becoming obsolete.
          ...and what are the preparations you suggest I can do.
          Read the manuals. Read white papers. Check out the Oracle Learning Library. Links to a number of certification-specific study materials are available on oraclecertificationprep.com. You have also commented in the 1Z0-051 thread this evening. The available links for that exam are available at:

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:EXAM_DETAILS:0::NO::P2_EXAM:1Z0-051
          • 2. Re: When to take the OCA certification
            missymichi
            I agree with this the IT field is a continuous learning experience
            • 3. please give me oca material and how i can oca exam
              please give me oca material and how i can oca exam
              • 4. Re: When to take the OCA certification
                bigdelboy
                979710 wrote:
                please give me oca material and how i can oca exam
                Please study the website at http://certification.oracle.com

If you then have specific problems please open a your own new thread rather than hijacking an existing thread and changing the subject to your own purposes.