4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 12:52 AM by HamidHelal RSS

Regards display of Oracle forms

Hi,

I am new to forms and have developed a custom form for oracle applicationswhich is having around 25 fields. To see the last field I have to scroll to the extreme using default horizontal scroll bar.
      Present screen is showing around 10-15 fields, for the next I have to scroll to right to see the 25th field.

I have heard that there is some option by which I can fix say around 5-10 fields and the next fields can be displayed after those but with a set of around 3-4 fields together.

If I am unable to make you understand, here's an example:

Field 1, Field2, Field3, Field 4, Field 5, Field 6 (Field 1, Field2, Field3 is fixed)

If now I scroll a little, it would be as shown below

Field 1, Field2, Field3, Field 23, Field 24, Field 25 (Field 1, Field2, Field3 is fixed)

Is that possible If so could any one please advise me on the same.

Regards,

Ad
        • 1. Re: Regards display of Oracle forms
          HamidHelal
          Hi, Ad,

Your post it quite confusing to me. What i understand, you don't want to scroll to to see the rest of the field. you can build the form as "forms Like" , this may solve the issue if you don't need of tabular format.

Other issue can be Stack Canvas for rest of the filed.

Hope this helps..

Hamid
          • 2. Re: Regards display of Oracle forms
            yoonas
            Hi,
            you can keep Fixed items on a content canvas and place other items on a stacked canvas with a scrollbar.
            So your fixed Field 1, Field2, Field3 are on content canvas and other fields on stacked canvas

Regards
            Yoonas
            • 3. Re: Regards display of Oracle forms
              Hi Hamid & Yoonas,

Both of your comments where helpful. I want to have the stacked canvas only. But since I am new to form, I am not sure exactly what need to be done for stacked canvas. I am trying to find something on the blogs. If you have any knowledge on any link which I can refer, it would be great.

Thanks,

Ad
              • 4. Re: Regards display of Oracle forms
                HamidHelal
                Check the link. http://oracle.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/oracle-dev-l/how-can-i-attach-a-stack-canvas-on-content-canvas-3341922

for more
                1. in a basic form, first create content canvas
                2. go layout editor and from the left side icon tools select stack canvas
                3. drag on content canvas the area you need for stack canvas
                4. change / set the item canvas property to stack canvas.. and choose the scroll bar as you need

Hope this works...

Hamid