3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 7:27 AM by 979973 RSS

Issue in DBPolling

Hi,
      I have an requirement that i have some 20,000 records in my DB.I have to poll the records and do the validation for every records using split join and split join will return updated record to DB.I have to send the updated record as email alerts.Its working Fine.But I am getting an email for every record.For Example,if validation of 100 records out of 20,000 records fail,then i am getting 100 email alerts.But I need to send one consolidated email which will have all these 100 record details.Kindly help me on this.

Thanks In Advance,
      Jayanthi
        • 1. Re: Issue in DBPolling
          Arik
          Jayanthi,

You can :
          1. Create a variable of the same DB record
          2. For each record you want to send, use the Append operation in the Assign activity, and assign the record to your variable.
          3. In the end, send the mail with the variable that will contain all the required records.

Hope that solve your question.

Just for my curiosity – you are manipulating 20,000 table records within 1 Bpel process?

Arik
          • 2. Re: Issue in DBPolling
            vladodias
            976970 wrote:
            I need to send one consolidated email which will have all these 100 record details.Kindly help me on this.
            As you are using polling I'm imagining there will be an instance for each one of the 20K records, I wouldn't change that behaviour... thus if you want to send a consolidated e-mail the option would be to delegate the e-mail sending to a secondary process (that would be started later, after the processing of the 20K records)... the original process would write the data in a temporary table rather than sending the e-mail straight away... the data from the temporary table could be deleted at the end of the secondary process...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
            Vlad
            • 3. Re: Issue in DBPolling
              Thanks.It worked