No, but yes... I mean, in the documentation is refering at directory, not database. When you use the patch, some files will be change, so if you need rollbackup you need a copy of your ORACLE_HOME and c:\Program files\oracle. Just copy this directories in another place.
1. Back up the current database that is installed, the %ORACLE_HOME% directory and Oracle inventory under c:\Program files\oracle directory. Question: I suppose I have to do a rman backup right?
No, all services, if you only run "SQL>shutdown immediate" you are only stopping database, not ASM, not Listener,....
2. Perform a clean shutdown of all Oracle services (databases, Oracle listeners, Oracle agents, and so on.) that run from the Oracle Home where you install this patch. Shutdown all MTS/COM+/.Net applications that access Oracle databases. Question: All that is required for a clean shutdown is done with a shutdown immediate command, right? I know my database is not RAC, but it certainly has an Automatic Storage Management. Is it stopped with the shutdown command?
srvctl stop service -d <database name> -s <Configured workload management service> -i <instance name>
3. Stop all Oracle services, Recovery catalog, ODBC applications, and other applications that use Oracle Client. This may include Web servers that load the Oracle client in the mid-tier environment. Explicitly stop the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service (which is not an Oracle service) if it is running. Question : I shall have a look at the Services and stop all the services that were not stopped after the shutdown immediate command, right?
4. Make sure no application are using the driver sqora32.dll Question: How to check that no application are using this driver?
are you using Data Guard? if not skip this step, if Yes:
5. I have this for the Pre-install steps for Data Guard bug fix 8227106: Disable Fast-Start Failover if it is enabled. Stop the Data Guard broker observer. Disable the configuration. Stop the broker on all databases by setting the DG_BROKER_START initialization parameter to FALSE. Question: how can I disable fast-start failover?
Only you know what configuration do you have.
Next I look at the Installation Instructions: I have in the readme: - patch installation instruction for single instance - patch installation instruction for RAC (won't use it, as my database is not RAC) - installation instruction for Oracle Instant client : - installation instruction ODP.NET 1.x or 2.x : I see ODP.NET on the Oracle directories. Which patch installation instruction should I follow, according to my database configuration, single instance?