This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 2:15 AM by 983517 RSS

Will we lose our certification history, if we leave our company?

983517 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a strange situation.

3 years ago, i registered to both OTN and Certview with my old email address, my old company's email address.
That company is closed. When i forgot the OTN password, i couldn't succeed to login to OTN, because it sends the temporary password only to the email address. No security questions, no alternate mail addresses. So i got a new OTN account with my new email address.

Yesterday i took an exam to upgrade my OCP certification. There were not any problems with pearsonvue. I could change my email address, registered for the exam, and took the exam.

I got an email from Certview to see my exam score. I tried to login with my new OTN account, entered my Oracle testing id, and certview did not allow me to login. It says another email address(my old email address) is registered with that testing ID. It suggested me to login with my old email address.

I forgot the password of my old account's password. I cannot use remember password because the only way to remember password is sending temp password to the registered email. My old company is closed, its domain is not in use. So there is no way to use my old email address.

I wrote lots of mails to OTN help, Certview help, etc. They always close my problem without solving it. They say, "The only way to see my exam report is to login with my old account.". And because of forgetting password, i cannot do that.

I am about giving up. I think my ceritification and exam history will be lost only because of forgetting my OTN account's password. Maybe i should go to my old boss and try to convince him to startup the company again, to get my old email address and to see my Certview detail. It's like a joke :)

Bora Yuret

Edited by: user7218444 on Jan 8, 2013 4:50 AM
  • 1. Re: Will we lose our certification history, if we leave our company?
    matthew_morris Expert
    I wrote lots of mails to OTN help, Certview help, etc. They always close my problem without solving it. They say,
    "The only way to see my exam report is to login with my old account.". And because of forgetting password, i cannot do that.
    Open an SR and provide the same information that you posted (presumably without the 'giving up' part):
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

I know that it is possible for the support team to change your email address without having you the password because I have done it. When I first created my OTN account, I worked for Oracle. I left Oracle and it was a couple of years before I needed my the account again (OCP info wasn't as tied to the OTN id then as it is now). The support team was able to change my email to a new address for me. Mind you... I had them change it to one that is my personal email rather than my work email so that the problem would not happen again.
  • 2. Re: Will we lose our certification history, if we leave our company?
    983517 Newbie
    Thanks Matthew.

I tried that link and this is the answer i got.

*"The account bearing the email id '<a href="mailto:bora@xxxxx.com" target="_blank">bora@xxxxx.com</a>' cannot be edited by us as the system does not allows us. We're sorry to inform you that if the email id '<a href="mailto:bora@xxxxx.com" target="_blank">bora@xxxxx.com</a>' is not in use then you cannot get access to the account to access Oracle services. The alternate option to get access to Oracle services is you can create a new account with a different email id. "*

And if i use another OTN account, Certview does not accept it because of my Oracle Testing ID is registered with my old email address.

Just stucked at this point.

I think it is a risk to use corporate mail addresses on certification path. It is better to use mail addresses such as gmail, yahoo, etc.
    If you leave your company and forgot your password, seems like no way out

Bora

Edited by: user7218444 on Jan 8, 2013 2:59 PM
  • 3. Re: Will we lose our certification history, if we leave our company?
    matthew_morris Expert
    I tried that link and this is the answer i got.
    It's been several years since the email on my account was changed. Presumably the rules or the interface have been altered.
    I think it is a risk to use corporate mail addresses on certification path. It is better to use mail addresses such as gmail, yahoo, etc.
    Yep. That's what I do now.
    And if i use another OTN account, Certview does not accept it because of my Oracle Testing ID is registered with my old email address.
    If you have another OTN account, open an SR to have your Oracle Testing ID associated with the new account. Once that happens, you will be able to access Certview. The fact that your Pearson Vue account is (apparently) already associated with that email and your testing ID should help. I don't know what other proof they require to ensure that you are the person associated with the ID.
  • 4. Re: Will we lose our certification history, if we leave our company?
    983517 Newbie
    Yes Matthew.

I got the mail now my problem is solved. They matched my new email with the Pearson account.

Thank you,

Bora

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points