2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 3:00 AM by 917293 RSS

Doubt about Authentication of AD users in WNA enabled EBS R12 ?

we have a perfectly running WNA configured environment (EBS R12 -OAM /OID11g). i have a doubt about authentication of users. the users in AD are synchronised to OID . The password is not synchronised . Since the password is not maintaned by OID (for users bootstrapped from AD ) the users should be authenticated by AD and that is generally done by enabling external authentication plugins in OID . i checked the plugins are in disabled state. So i have this doubt how the authentication is happening. Please let us know about this.
        • 1. Re: Doubt about Authentication of AD users in WNA enabled EBS R12 ?
          idm731
          Here OAM is managing the authentication so you don't need to enable the plugins of OID.

Just make sure that the user attribute name of OID and AD matches. The make OID as the default identity stoe and check your WNA.

Then perform the OAM - EBS integration and your setup should run fine. Let me know if you need more details.
          • 2. Re: Doubt about Authentication of AD users in WNA enabled EBS R12 ?
            Hi

Thanks a lot for your answer.
            can you please put some light on how OAM recognises that , for a particular user authentication will happen in AD or OID ? does Kerbros keytab gives Information About AD to OAM ?

One more question is if we dont want WNA to be enabled and still want to use AD authentication (in that case OAM wont have any information about AD server as there will be no Keytab) with EBS, how will authentication happen ?

Thanks !!

Regards
            Harinderjit Singh