5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 4:33 PM by 736874 RSS

Partial IMPDP Ora 11g Windows

I ran an IMPDP from a full export file. I did not have two of the tablespaces setup that the import needed.
      Question:
      If I setup the missing tblsp's can I just rerun the full install without damaging the tables already loaded from my first run?
      If not can I can a partial impdp and only import teh two tablespaces I'm missing?
      I have read through and I clearly dont know enough about Oracle to figure out what will happen if I try to rerun.

Thank you for any input.
      Carter
        • 1. Re: Partial IMPDP Ora 11g Windows
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post exact OS and database versions, along with the complete impdp command used and the errors encountered.

It is possible to rerun the import - you will need to set TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION parameter appropriately

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e22490/dp_import.htm#sthref299

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Partial IMPDP Ora 11g Windows
            Win 2008 r2
            Oracle 11g Standard
            IMPDP SYSTEM/PSWRD dumpfile=pdcad2_9.dmp logfile=pdcad2_9.log full=y;

Errors

Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/TABLE
            ORA-39083: Object type TABLE:"CAD"."AGENC" failed to create with error:
            ORA-00959: tablespace 'DBM' does not exist
            Failing sql is:
            CREATE TABLE "CAD"."AGENC" ("ACT_PLN" VARCHAR2(30 BYTE) NOT NULL ENABLE, "AG_ADD" VARCHAR2(30 BYTE), "AG_CITY" VARCHAR2(20 BYTE), "AG_ID" VARCHAR2(9 BYTE) NOT NULL ENABLE, "AG_NME" VARCHAR2(50 BYTE), "AG_ST" VARCHAR2(4 BYTE), "AG_TYP" VARCHAR2(8 BYTE), "AG_ZIP" VARCHAR2(10 BYTE), "CONTACT" VARCHAR2(20 BYTE), "LINEUP_NAME" VARCHAR2(30 BYTE), "NUM_1" NUMBER(10,0) NOT NULL
            ORA-39083: Object type TABLE:"CAD"."ALARM" failed to create with error:
            ORA-00959: tablespace 'DBM' does not exist
            Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/INDEX/FUNCTIONAL_AND_BITMAP/INDEX
            Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/INDEX/STATISTICS/FUNCTIONAL_AND_BITMAP/INDEX_STATISTICS
            Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS
            Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/INDEX/DOMAIN_INDEX/INDEX
            Job "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_FULL_02" completed with 769 error(s) at 14:44:45
            • 3. Re: Partial IMPDP Ora 11g Windows
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Thanks - pl re-run the import and it will skip existing tables and create the missing ones

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: Partial IMPDP Ora 11g Windows
                Dean Gagne
                Yes, just rerun the impdp command. By default, Data Pump skips objects that already exist. So, since you already imported some tables, when the second import sees those tables, it will try to create them, but when the create fails, it will skip over them. If you ever want import to replace the tables, then use:

table_exists_action=replace

by default, this parameter is set to 'SKIP'.

Hope this helps.

Dean
                • 5. Re: Partial IMPDP Ora 11g Windows
                  Thank you for your replies. I reran my IMPDP and now have a working backup.