This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 10:28 AM by aanto RSS

is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?

aanto Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Pls help me to find the details

I am having 11g DBA OCA certification. my doubt is , if i studied myself and pass the examination will i get the certificate for 11g OCP ?

is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center in order to get 11g DBA OCP the certificate or not?

Thanks in advance
Able
  • 1. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    matthew_morris Expert
    aanto wrote:
    ...f i studied myself and pass the examination will i get the certificate for 11g OCP ?
    No. You will not.
    is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center in order to get 11g DBA OCP the certificate or not?
    Yes. The training is required for the OCP DBA certification. You will not be granted the certification until you pass all required exams, complete the training, and submit the documentation showing that you completed the training. This is shown on the OE site:

Read the 'Professional Certification Path' section:
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=458&get_params=p_track_id:Datab11g
  • 2. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    aanto Newbie
    Thanks for the information

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=609&p_org_id=1080544&lang=US&get_params=dc:D50079GC20,p_preview:N

the above link shows as "Self Study Course Rs 23146" , so if we purchase this then is it equivalent to have training?

Thanks
    Able
  • 3. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    matthew_morris Expert
    the above link shows as "Self Study Course Rs 23146" , so if we purchase this then is it equivalent to have training?
    Nope. Self study courses do not count, in the link below, OE states it specifically:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=112

"Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses are excellent study and reference tools but DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement for certification."
  • 4. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    aanto Newbie
    matthew_morris : Thanks for valuable reply.
  • 5. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    Roger25 Explorer
    No, it's all about making money... self study courses are more cheaper than the class trainings (with instructor), which are more expensive. So, money makes the difference. That's it...
  • 6. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    bigdelboy Pro
    Roger25 wrote:
    No, it's all about making money... self study courses are more cheaper than the class trainings (with instructor), which are more expensive. So, money makes the difference. That's it...
    I am not sure this response is helpful to original poster. I believe Rogers you are upset by the cost of Oracle authorized training, and the reasons for the need to have attended study to achieve certified training.

Whatever the current rules are the current rules.

What is IMHO important in the context of the current thread is that the original poster is given best information to minimize his training costs if he so wishes.

In his situation, if having as a priority the need to avoid additional training costs, I would suggest to take the following action:

1) Check on certview his current 9i Oracle OCA certification is recorded.
    2) Submit his existing training for verfication against 9i DBA OCP
    3) Pass 1z0-032 and 1z0-033 to get awarded 9i DBA OCP
    4) Pass the 1z0-055 upgrade exam to get awarded 11g DBA OCP (pre-requisite to award via this exam is you are 9i DBA OCP)

Original poster may try other routes to 11g DBA OCP (via 1z0-052 and 1z0-053 but will require additional training as a certification pre-requisite)

Original Poster should also consider that there is a (IMHO strong) possibility 1z0-032 and 1z0-033 exams will be retired when Oracle 12c Database is released this year ... leaving no route to 9i DBA OCP ... Please be aware this is my prediction ( which may not be accurate ... I have no insider information). Exams are now normally retired with 3 months notice.
  • 7. Re: is it required to undergoes training in a authorized training center ?
    aanto Newbie
    Thank you all for you valuable responses..
    @ble

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points