This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 10:19 AM by MarkM. RSS

&APP_SYSDATE

MarkM. Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all -- we are in the process of upgrading to 4.1 and are hitting kind of odd situation. Some of the applications are using a substitution string (&APP_SYSDATE.) that we can't find documented anywhere. However, it seems to work in 3.1 and does not work (returns null) in 4.1. Is anyone familiar with this string and is there any direct way to invoke the current sysdate/time as a substitution string? We know we can create an item or a computation, etc. as an alternative.

Thanks/Mark M.
  • 1. Re: &APP_SYSDATE
    Vite DBA Pro
    Hi Mark,

True, I can't find any reference to APP_SYSDATE in the documentation archives or on google. Could it possibly be an application item or a static application substitution?

Regards
    Andre
  • 2. Re: &APP_SYSDATE
    MarkM. Explorer
    Thanks Andre. I made the same suggestion for them to look there when I also couldn't find anything online. I've not heard back yet. I'll update the forum if they find anything.

Rgds/Mark M.
  • 3. Re: &APP_SYSDATE
    fac586 Guru
    Mark M. wrote:

is there any direct way to invoke the current sysdate/time as a substitution string?
    The only built-in date substitution string is <tt>SYSDATE_YYYYMMDD</tt>, which obviously doesn't include the time. This suggests that your <tt>APP_SYSDATE</tt> is an application item created for the data and formatting requirements of the application.
  • 4. Re: &APP_SYSDATE
    MarkM. Explorer
    Thanks all. Your responses are much appreciated. We never did entirely get to the root cause, but tend to agree it was something locally created. Either way, we implemented alternate code that works in both 3.1 and 4.1 so I'm closing this out as answered.

Rgds/Mark M.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points