6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 3:17 AM by Praveen. A

FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2

Praveen. A
      Hi

This is the procedure i am going to follow ,can u tell me whether it is correct or not ?

1.     Create FDQM application in Target machine using FDQM workbench client.

2.     Login to Source Machine where FDM is installed and launch workbench client.

3.     Export as XML file.

4.     Login to Target machine where FDM is installed and launch workbench client.
      5.     Import as XML file.

6.     Login to Source RDBMS server and take a backup of the SQL DB.

7.     Restore the SQL DB in the target machine.

8.     Copy the Application path folder structure from Source machine to target machine.

use the <Add Application> option to add the application to the 11.1.2.2 environment. (Is this required if we have already created a application in target system )

Is anything esle i have to do other than these. Please let me know.
        • 1. Re: FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2
          JeffJon
          This process is not correct. This is what you need to do:

a) In the source environment choose <Add Application> and login
          b) Highlight the application to be moved to 11.1.2.2 and choose "modify"
          c) Note the Application Path. The application folder will need to be copied to the application folder share in the 11.1.2.2 environment
          d) Click on the database tab and note the database information
          e) Move the database from the 11.1.1.3 environment to the 11.1.2.2 envionment

If this is SQL Server, backup the DB and restore it in the 11.1.2.2 db environment
          If this is Oracle, create a new DB Schema in the 11.1.2.2 enviornment and in the 11.1.1.3 environment use the DB tools to export the current DB to a .dmp and import into the new schema

f) In the 11.1.2.2 environment use "<Add Application>"
          g) Enter the name for the application, path to the copied application folder and choose the "FDM" application group
          h) Click on the database tab and enter the database information for the db in the 11.1.2.2 environment
          i) Run the schema update utility to update the DB from the 11.1.1.3 level to the 11.1.2.2 level.

Need to Migrate an FDM Application Including Data (Doc ID 806173.1)
          • 2. Re: FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2
            Praveen. A
            Hi

I have done all the below steps , but while trying to run Schema update it is showing this error message *"2067 you dont have access to the application*" can you tell where i need to rectify this

a) In the source environment choose <Add Application> and login
            b) Highlight the application to be moved to 11.1.2.2 and choose "modify"
            c) Note the Application Path. The application folder will need to be copied to the application folder share in the 11.1.2.2 environment
            d) Click on the database tab and note the database information
            e) Move the database from the 11.1.1.3 environment to the 11.1.2.2 envionment

If this is SQL Server, backup the DB and restore it in the 11.1.2.2 db environment
            If this is Oracle, create a new DB Schema in the 11.1.2.2 enviornment and in the 11.1.1.3 environment use the DB tools to export the current DB to a .dmp and import into the new schema

f) In the 11.1.2.2 environment use "<Add Application>"
            g) Enter the name for the application, path to the copied application folder and choose the "FDM" application group
            h) Click on the database tab and enter the database information for the db in the 11.1.2.2 environment

Thanks & Regards
            Praveen
            • 3. Re: FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2
              JeffJon
              Are you using the "Admin" account to run the schema update? What account is being used to run the schema update? And is this account listed in the tsecuser table in the FDM application database?
              • 4. Re: FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2
                Praveen. A
                Are you using the "Admin" account to run the schema update - Yes

What account is being used to run the schema update - "Admin" account

And is this account listed in the tsecuser table in the FDM application database - No

I have used the tsecuser which is in FDM Databse( i.e hypadmin) to login but it showed the same error message.

Regards,
                • 5. Re: FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2
                  JeffJon
                  You will need to add "Admin" to the tsecuser and tsecuserpartition database tables in the FDM application and then you should be able to login successfully and run the schema update.
                  • 6. Re: FDM Data Migration from 11.1.1.3 to 11.1.2.2
                    Praveen. A
                    Thank you so much

it worked now i able to see data

Regards
                    parvin