This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 11:57 PM by Kunal Parashar RSS

How is affected the forecast correctness if I change the Time Bucket.

jeimmy_rr Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
How is affected the forecast correctness if I have a monthly bucket, but now I want to have a daily bucket?
This desition could impair the performance drastically?. How many periods the engine has in count to forecast when is a daily system?
If I have daily system however my worksheets could group months or weeks, it isn't true?

Edited by: user10586948 on Jan 9, 2013 8:29 AM
  • 1. Re: How is affected the forecast correctness if I change the Time Bucket.
    Kunal Parashar Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    The daily bucket configuration is usually discouraged due to various reasons:-
    1.Performance issue. Your data volume would be very high as you would maintain sales record on a daily basis
    2.Difficult to get good Forecast Accuracy. This point is heavily dependent on customer business. In general, unless you are getting the Demand stream from POS, you may not get a very good pattern in daily bucket.
    3.You may not be able to get a good forecast after 3 months or so (technically feasible to get this for longer duration). An extra tuning exercise would be required

The only advantage is on reporting side. You can aggregate the data on Week as well as on calendar month (not 445). Currently, week aggregation to calendar month is not supported (till 7.3.1.4) but it is one of the expected features in 12.2.

Hope, this helps.

Thanks, Kunal

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points