3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 4:17 AM by Steven Davelaar-Oracle RSS

UI Shell 2.0

BradW
      Hi Steve.

Are there plans for natively supporting the new UI Shell included in version 11.1.2.3 of JDeveloper? The 11.1.2 version seems to be much richer and polished than the 11.1 version. For example, there is a Navigator portion in the shell which uses MDS for storing menuing information. Does JHS leverage this in 11.1.2?

To be clear, the look and feel of the Fusion based applications which use the 11.1.2 UI Shell template would be very desirable. Do you think we could use this template and extend the JHS runtime to implement similar features that are present in a Fusion based application. Examples: Navigation Menu, Help Menu, Recent Task Flows, Favorites, Tagging, etc.

I just need an idea as to how well the new UI Shell version is supported with JHS 11.1.2.x and whether we would need to tweak it based on JHS Runtime features.

Thanks,

BradW
        • 1. Re: UI Shell 2.0
          Steven Davelaar-Oracle
          Brad,

I am not aware of a "UIShell 2.0". I just checked JDev 11.1.2.3 and uit still has the old UI Shell page template, not levergaing the new multi-task flow binding.
          Where did you find this new version?

Steven Davelaar,
          Jheadstart Team.
          • 2. Re: UI Shell 2.0
            BradW
            Hi.

So, ADF / 11.1.2.3 doesn't have a new uishell. However, I see that the Oracle Fusion Applications use a different UI shell which I think is much cleaner and provides a richer experience. Perhaps some of these features could be added to the JHS Template? Perhaps as an option.

Here is a link:
            http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/ux/applications/fusiongps/guidelines/content/guidelines/UIshell/index.htm

I can add this functionality to our own template, but I would also need to tweak what we are doing for navigation with the JHS Runtime. It would be nice if the features described could be part of the JHS Runtime.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks for your time.

BradW
            • 3. Re: UI Shell 2.0
              Steven Davelaar-Oracle
              Brad,

JHeadstart 11.1.2 does use the new Multi-taskflow binding and has a lot of additional features above the standard Oracle Dynamic Tabs Template, but we have no plans to align with the fusion apps UI shell.
              As you pointed out, you can do this yourself by customizing the template.

Steven Davelaar,
              JHeadstart team.