This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 10:55 AM by sriram RSS

Migrating from IIS to SunOne,   how to proxy requests

983896 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, hope someone can help a newbie WLS user. We are migrating of off IIS to Sun One . For IIS we have the iisproxy.ini file which includes a number of entries for the WlForwardpath. I realize I will need to add these entries to the obj.conf.

here is a forward path example from my iisproxy.ini: /cs/pscc/psfileproc/, /psp/pscc/?cmd=start

How do I attain the same level of forwarding in the obj.conf file for my example.

Can someone clue me in?

Thanks,
Bill
  • 1. Re: Migrating from IIS to SunOne,   how to proxy requests
    Fabian Pro
    Hi Bill,

You can follow the link,ie for configuring Sunone with weblogic
    http://weblogic-wonders.com/weblogic/2010/11/12/configuring-sunone-iplanet-webserver-with-weblogic/
    http://weblogicissuesolutions.blogspot.in/2011/07/steps-to-configure-sunone-webserver.html

Regards
    Fabian
  • 2. Re: Migrating from IIS to SunOne,   how to proxy requests
    983896 Newbie
    I should have been more specific in my request. We have already configured the Java Server WLS Plugin and it is working. The part I need help with is what I mentioned in my original post, how to take the WLForwardPath entires form our old system on IIS, iisproxy.ini file and get them into the obj.conf. See the example I porvided. this is where I need help. The documentation is not helping me. Looking for someone that can take my example forward path entries for IIS server and modify them for use in obj.conf file.

Thanks,
    Bill
  • 3. Re: Migrating from IIS to SunOne,   how to proxy requests
    983896 Newbie
    It looks like I need to use the "ppath" to setup the forwarding in the obj.conf file.

Currently in IIS iisproy.ini file, I have forwarding specified as" WlForwardPath=/vgcc,/cs/pscc/psfileproc

Is this the correct way to migrate these into obj.conf?

</Object>
    <Object name="fwdrequest1" ppath="/vgcc">
    Service fn=wl_proxy WebLogicHost=dvnvc18i.vanguard.com\ WebLogicPort=9100
    <Object name="fwdrequest2" ppath="/cs/pscc/psfileproc">
    Service fn=wl_proxy WebLogicHost=dvnvc18i.vanguard.com\ WebLogicPort=9100

Is this coprrect and is there anything else I need to do in terms of moving these over from iisproxy.ini file?
  • 4. Re: Migrating from IIS to SunOne,   how to proxy requests
    983896 Newbie
    Can anyone help me? I need to get this working ASAP.

Thanks, Bill
  • 5. Re: Migrating from IIS to SunOne,   how to proxy requests
    sriram Newbie
    When you are using iWS7, then depending on ppath might not the most accurate way to accomplish things.

in any case,
    Did you try using like this within the
    Service fn=wl_proxy WebLogicHost=dvnvc18i.vanguard.com WebLogicPort=9100 WlForwardPath=/psp/pscc/?cmd=viewattach,/cs/pscc/psfileproc/

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points