This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 8:23 PM by webmonkeymagic RSS

Workflow - resubmit rejected content thru DIS

Desmo_MKIII Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey

I have a problem with a workflow. The problem occurs when a contributor is working with content that was previously rejected in a workflow through the DIS. They make the changes recommended by the reviewer and check it back in, but the content is not moving on to the next workflow step. The manual says that they should be able to set a flag named Revision Finished Editing, but it is not appearing in the metadata field screen when I do a "Checkin with metadata". Note that I can see this field if I do the checkin through the web client, just not in the DIS.

Is this a bug, or do I have to do something to get this check box to appear?

Cheers,
A
  • 1. Re: Workflow - resubmit rejected content thru DIS
    jiri.machotka Guru
    I have just tried and it behaved like this:

- if you focus an item in DIS, which is currently in a workflow (not necessarily rejected), the Content Info below will contain also a line with the name of the workflow (you may check in web GUI that this is a feature of DOC_INFO)
    - clicking this link (calls the GET_WORKFLOWDOCREVISIONS service) opens all workflow items in the workflow (the service takes workflow's name as an entry parameter)
    - the displayed form contains an action to APPROVE the item - it works even for the initial ('contribution') step
  • 2. Re: Workflow - resubmit rejected content thru DIS
    Desmo_MKIII Newbie
    Hi Jiri

Thanks, that does work. Thanks.
    That now becomes a training issue to show the contributors how to re-submit the content for approval.

Cheers,
    A
  • 3. Re: Workflow - resubmit rejected content thru DIS
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Hi Alec,

I wonder what needs to happen before a Desmo_Mk* user gives points for "Helpful" or "Correct" answer to anyone and marks the question as "Answered". It is strange to me - unlike many other users of this forum you didn't mind to invest 153 keystrokes to express your gratitude, and yet - no points?

Never mind.

There is actually one thing you could try (which would alleviate your training issue a little bit): you might have noticed that the appearance of the "Workflow" line is a feature of DOC_INFO. You could try to modify the output of this service (this will be an idocScript customization- I assume quite a simple one) to expose not only the name of the workflow, but also APPROVE (and REJECT, if you will) workflow actions. Then you should verify whether this change affects also DIS.

This would save your users two mouse-clicks.
  • 4. Re: Workflow - resubmit rejected content thru DIS
    Desmo_MKIII Newbie
    Hi Jiri

My apologies for not marking your response as helpful. My bad. I very much appreciate your time and effort in responding to my (and others) questions.

Regards,
    A
  • 5. Re: Workflow - resubmit rejected content thru DIS
    webmonkeymagic Journeyer
    there's a config flag to auto-advance dis through workflow.
    http://webmonkeymagic.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/avoiding-workflow-contribution-step.html

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points