This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 8:09 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

List of Application schemas

i_do_me_you_do_you Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I heard that it is a good practice to change all of the passwords in the database upon install, but when I queried "SELECT DISTINCT OWNER FROM DBA_OBJECTS" it came out with a pretty long list.

Therefore I would like to make a FNDCPASS script that will change all of the passwords that must be changed via FNDCPASS, and change the others manually.

So is there a list of the application schemas (users) which passwords are changed with FNDCPASS, and those that may be changed manually with alter user statement?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and support.
  • 1. Re: List of Application schemas
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    974556 wrote:
    Hello,

I heard that it is a good practice to change all of the passwords in the database upon install, but when I queried "SELECT DISTINCT OWNER FROM DBA_OBJECTS" it came out with a pretty long list.

Therefore I would like to make a FNDCPASS script that will change all of the passwords that must be changed via FNDCPASS, and change the others manually.

So is there a list of the application schemas (users) which passwords are changed with FNDCPASS, and those that may be changed manually with alter user statement?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and support.
    Please see these docs.

How to Change Applications Passwords using Applications Schema Password Change Utility (FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD) [ID 437260.1]
    Secure Configuration Guide for Oracle E-Business Suite 11i [ID 189367.1]
    Secure Configuration Guide for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 403537.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points