7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 8:22 AM by EdStevens RSS

Updateing Firefox!

K. Varun
      How to Update Firefox in Oracle Linux 4 and can i use flash player too...?

plz step by step process... i dont have much idea about linux

thank you...
        • 1. Re: Updateing Firefox!
          Catch_22
          Here is previous post that should be useful:

adobe flash player

Note that you are using a very old OS version. You may not meet min. requirements to run most recent updates.

Also, as a matter of courtesy, please resolve old threads. Thanks.
          • 2. Re: Updateing Firefox!
            K. Varun
            which is the latest version OS where i can install oracle10g and oracle apps 11?
            • 3. Re: Updateing Firefox!
              rukbat
              K. Varun wrote:
              which is the latest version OS where i can install oracle10g and oracle apps 11?
              That new question does not seem to have anything to do with why you started this thread, talking about Firefox.

What is your real* issue?
              • 4. Re: Updateing Firefox!
                K. Varun
                i want to practise oracle dba 10g (32 bit) and after oracle apps dba if i get errors i can able check internet so...
                • 5. Re: Updateing Firefox!
                  Catch_22
                  Your best option will be to install Windows or Ubuntu or whatever runs best on your computer or laptop to support the latest software you need and run the obsolete OS and Oracle Database on a separate computer. If you do not have a separate computer, or if your current system is reasonable, try virtualization, like Oracle VirtualBox to run the old stuff.
                  • 6. Re: Updateing Firefox!
                    rukbat
                    rukbat wrote:
                    What is your real* issue?
                    K. Varun wrote:i want to practise oracle dba 10g (32 bit) and after oracle apps dba if i get errors i can able check internet so...
                    You originally posted this to the Oracle Linux forum.
                    It now appears you don't have a real OS question at all, but have some confusion as to a database application installation.

Your post is now moved to the Database Installation forum.
                    • 7. Re: Updateing Firefox!
                      EdStevens
                      K. Varun wrote:
                      i want to practise oracle dba 10g (32 bit) and after oracle apps dba if i get errors i can able check internet so...
                      Why do you want to practice on an obsolete, desupported version of Oracle/

Install VirtualBox on your desktop/laptop
                      Download Oracle Linux.
                      Use that to create a virutal machine under VBox
                      Download Oracle 11.2 for Linux
                      Install that on your virtual Linux server.

Then, getting back to your original question, you can just access firefox from your desktop and not worry about using from the vm.

Edited by: EdStevens on Jan 11, 2013 8:22 AM