2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 3:52 AM by 984091 RSS

OATS- How to add an Attribute to an Object Library

I am using Open script , Version: 12.1.0.2 Build 58
      I have created an Object Library, and given a Name for the Object , instead of the default value.
      Now when i am storring an attribute , the Library name is visible in the Drop down box, but the object name i have defined is not visible in the list.
      If any one could help me in defining the steps to add an attribute to the Object Library it would be helpful.

My scenario is to add a variable for the dynamically generated Number. after saving some product information a Product Number will get generated.
      So, inorder to test the Object for searching a new Product number everytime it got generated , i need this solution.

Please add an answer to this question ,since many days i have added this question, none of the existing user has answered it.

Edited by: 981088 on Jan 24, 2013 5:17 AM
        • 1. Re: OATS- How to add an Attribute to an Object Library
          Hi, Not sure if you found an answer for this yet but would like to share my experience with Object Library today. I assume you are trying to give object a name at the time of capturing it. Seems that OpenScript does not save the object if a custom name is given / changed before saving the object. That's the reason you might not be getting the "saved" object in library. Try saving the object with default name and then change the name in the Object library.
          • 2. Re: OATS- How to add an Attribute to an Object Library
            Hi , yes what you have assumed is correct, though it has a featue to add the object name, still its not working...and its taking the default name for that object :)

any way thanks for the reply :)