1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 10:45 AM by rukbat RSS

Multiple time submission of a form automatically in struts

I have a button in jsp, when the onclick event is fired, it will send the request to someaction.do to generate a report and display that report in a new window.

After clicking the button to generate the report, in the business class a sql query is getting executed.

If the query result has less data, then I don't have any problem, I could view my report page.

If the query result has more data, then the query takes at least 5-6mins to complete. However, before the query completes its execution, the same request is automatically invoked again. Due to this the report is not getting generated because [...of the multiple requests?], the browser shows an Internet Explorer error and ends up at a blank page.

No exception is thrown and the only place I could find the place of query execution it stops and starts as a new request from web.xml with Servlet Filters, Action.

Note: For a single .do request, the request is getting repeated for 3 times. Overlapping of request also takes place.
        • 1. Re: Multiple time submission of a form automatically in struts
          rukbat
          981117 wrote:
          I have a button in jsp, when the onclick event is fired, it will send the request to someaction.do to generate a report and display that report in a new window.

After clicking the button to generate the report, in the business class a sql query is getting executed.

If the query result has less data, then I don't have any problem, I could view my report page.

If the query result has more data, then the query takes at least 5-6mins to complete. However, before the query completes its execution, the same request is automatically invoked again. Due to this the report is not getting generated because [...of the multiple requests?], the browser shows an Internet Explorer error and ends up at a blank page.

No exception is thrown and the only place I could find the place of query execution it stops and starts as a new request from web.xml with Servlet Filters, Action.

Note: For a single .do request, the request is getting repeated for 3 times. Overlapping of request also takes place.
          Moderator Action.
          Post locked.
          You duplicated this other post, word-for-word, typing error per typing error, spelling mistake per spelling mistake:
          Duplicate submission of request is being invoked automatically - Struts

If you are someone new, then I suggest you simply monitor that other discussion.
          Do NOT post into that thread. It belongs to another forum user.
          Observe it and if solutions are given, then use them for your own benefit.