This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 4:19 AM by Kishore Rout RSS

Running OBIEE 11g Repository Creation Utility (RCU) against a SQL Server

677690 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I was following below url,
http://total-bi.com/2010/10/obiee-11g-rcu-sql-server/#comment-6689

for running obiee 11g rcu against ms sql server db.

I was able to complete everything until Step 1 of 7, but it fails at step 2 saying error message as:-

*[FMWGEN][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Login has timed out.*

My ms sql server db is 2008 r2 version.

Can anybody help me resolving this issues?

Much appreciated

Thank You
Kumar
  • 1. Re: Running OBIEE 11g Repository Creation Utility (RCU) against a SQL Server
    677690 Explorer
    Hello Experts,

Any help please?

Does my question is in correct forum, if not please let me know in which OTN section I should post my question?

I'm new to ORACLE world currently I'm DW/BI developer in microsoft sql server.

Much appreciate your responses.

Thanks
    Kumar
  • 2. Re: Running OBIEE 11g Repository Creation Utility (RCU) against a SQL Server
    Kishore Rout Journeyer
    Hi Kumar,
    The reason of this error is that target database is not listening on the port that RCU is trying to use to connect to it. Please mention port number in the connection string.

Resolution:
    1)If you have specified a port number in the connection string - check that the port number is correct – i.e. that it is the one that the database is listening on.
    2)Specify the port number in the connection string by using the Port parameter.

To detect the port number of your Microsoft SQL Server instance, run regedit.
    If you installed the default Microsoft SQL instance, the port number is located in the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp\TcpPort

If you installed MSDE as a named instance, the port number is located in the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\
    <Instance_Name>\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp\TcpPort

If this helps please mark.

Regards,
    Kishore

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points