3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 10:06 AM by sb92075 RSS

Conflict port of Oracle Listener

Vandy_Kh
      Dear All,

I try to install Oracle Database 11g Release 2 on Oracle Linux 5.8 till step to assign port for Oracle Listener and default port is 1521 but when I click Next to continue is shown error message""conflict port with other software using, ...". I try to change a lot of ports for this but still got the same error message.

Please kindly give advice for this.

Thanks and regards,
      Vandy
        • 1. Re: Conflict port of Oracle Listener
          Hemant K Chitale
          Run "netstat -a" from the OS command line to see which ports are in use.

Generally 1521 is the port for the Oracle Database Listener. You seem to have another Oracle installation present and running on the same server.

Hemant K Chitale
          • 2. Re: Conflict port of Oracle Listener
            Vandy_Kh
            Thanks your help and solution.

I don't have another Database is running because I just re-install a new OS (Oracle Linux 5.8). I will try to use command that you provided.

Andy idea, please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
            Vandy
            • 3. Re: Conflict port of Oracle Listener
              sb92075
              Vandy_Kh wrote:
              Dear All,

I try to install Oracle Database 11g Release 2 on Oracle Linux 5.8 till step to assign port for Oracle Listener and default port is 1521 but when I click Next to continue is shown error message""conflict port with other software using, ...". I try to change a lot of ports for this but still got the same error message.

Please kindly give advice for this.

Thanks and regards,
              Vandy
              netstat -a
              above will show all ports that are in use on your system

listener.ora is *NOT* required to exist to start the listener.

move, remove, rename, delete the listener.ora file then issue OS commands below

lsnrctl stop
              lsnrctl start
              lsnrctl status

COPY the results from above & PASTE all back here