This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 5:13 AM by svanimpe RSS

JavaFX2 database connection and stratup project

984285 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi guys,
i started using Netbeans IDE a couple of mounths ago and i found this IDE fantastic for application desktop.
Usually,I have more experience in embedded systems and MPLAB IDE.

However
My project consist in the following :

-Realizing a GUI (or UI) application that accesses mySQL databse and allows datamanaging (Consulting, reading,updating, deleting....sort of CRUD application).

I have followed many netbeans tutorials and now i would like some advise about how to startup this project.
My client wants a nice and shapebable enhanced and personalize GUI (thats why i m thinking of using JavaFX builder).
My issue is how i can acces my database from my FXml UI .... with netbeans IDE GUI, its quite simple with the tutorials... but the GUI enhancing doesn t exist like with javaFX Scene builder....

I followed oracle javaFX " isuueTracking" tutorial that allows to work swithing between netbeans IDE and JavaFX scene builder....

Can you guys give me some guidelines of how i should strart up this project. I also though in realizing Netbeans platform tutorial in order to avoid "Spaguetti coding" and think more in the future maintenance of my application.

-Shall i emphasize more in netbeans platform for modular development ( do all the tutorials and understand the principal API...)? Should i start from here?
NExt step woul be like developping my framework (with JavaFX Scene builder)
And finally do my database connection and develop the classes for viewing-updating-editing-deleting....

Thanks in advance and sorry if i miss-understood some concepts.
If you know in tutorial for this purpose .... dont hesitate.

Sugs

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points