This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 8:49 AM by rp0428 RSS

UCP - Universal connection pool vast threads - 9,000

984282 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Experts,

We are using UCP version 11.1.0.7.0 in our application with ojdbc version 11.
We have identified that our native memory grows, after investigations we figured out the the UCP use 9,000 threads on one JVM that includes 2 instances of applications that use UCP.

Following our UCP configuration:

driver-class-name = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
min-limit = 1
max-limit = 10
initial-limit = 2
timeout-check-interval = 5
inactive-connection-timeout = 5
connection-factory-classname = oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
ValidateConnectionOnBorrow = true

The question is why we have too much threads, 9,000 threads on our JVM belongs to UCP?

Your urgent assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Erwin
  • 1. Re: UCP - Universal connection pool vast threads - 9,000
    gimbal2 Guru
    Did you try other versions of the JDBC driver to see if the problem goes away? Try an older version too if you can.

Just to be sure that you don't have the wrong idea: this is not Oracle you are talking to, this is a user to user forum that is about Java programming. Issues you have with the JDBC driver will generally result in guesswork only. You did Google around about this right?
  • 2. Re: UCP - Universal connection pool vast threads - 9,000
    984282 Newbie
    Hello,

Thank you a lot for your turnaround response.

We are using ojdbc6 version 11.2.0

For sure I did google search, I didn't find any applicable solution.

It's very urgent project and I have no idea how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Erwin
  • 3. Re: UCP - Universal connection pool vast threads - 9,000
    gimbal2 Guru
    user5140929 wrote:
    It's very urgent project and I have no idea how to resolve this issue.
    Well I hope you have an Oracle support contract then.
  • 4. Re: UCP - Universal connection pool vast threads - 9,000
    rp0428 Guru
    Welcome to the forum!
    >
    We have identified that our native memory grows, after investigations we figured out the the UCP use 9,000 threads on one JVM that includes 2 instances of applications that use UCP.
    . . .
    The question is why we have too much threads, 9,000 threads on our JVM belongs to UCP?
    . . .
    Your urgent assistance would be highly appreciated.
    >
    If you have an urgent problem you should contact Oracle support or hire a consultant. This forum is supported by volunteers from around the world who donate their own time to try to help people. The person best able to help you may be several timezones away and won't read your question for hours, if at all.

You say your problem is 'urgent' but you don't even say why this is even a problem. Does your system crash? Does it seem to cause the app to not work properly?

If you want help you need to post the information you have that shows the problem you are having. You haven't posted any information showing that 'the UCP use 9,000 threads'. You SAID that you 'have identified...' but you haven't posted the information that led you to that assumption.

Post the specific information about the JVM configuration (command-line arguments) and the stack trace, log or other info that indicates that there actually is a problem.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points