2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 10:31 AM by dvohra21 RSS

Errors during deploying EJB app

Hello all,

I am trying the develop an EJB app in eclipse juno with weblogic 9.1. I have installed the oracle tools and weblogic has been configured with the EJB project in eclipse. When I start weblogic from the servers tab within eclipse the following error occurs:

There are 1 nested errors:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found: com.mainframe.pdu.types.PDU24
           at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.check(EJBComplianceChecker.java:270)
           at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.checkDeploymentInfo(EJBComplianceChecker.java:215)
           at weblogic.ejb.container.ejbc.EJBCompiler.complianceCheckJar(EJBCompiler.java:868)

The jar file containing the PDU24 class is in the project build path and it is included in the order/export tab also. Since I am pretty new with all this I probably missed a vital step somewhere. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, what would be helpful is if I could be recommended a tutorial on how to create an ejb app on eclipse using weblogic as the runtime.

• 1. Re: Errors during deploying EJB app
          Hi There,

is the PDU24 a class from weblogic or a 3rd party library that you are using into your project.? Also, I recommend that you create a new domain into WLS using the OEPE wizard when creating a new runtime server. Doing it that way, it is going to add all necessary classes that you need to run EJB-based applications.

Our latest tutorial on ADF development on OEPE covers creation of entity classes on part 2: here is the link. http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/eclipse/adf/gettingStarted/Tutorial/ADFwithOEPE_2.html

Juan Camilo
          • 2. Re: Errors during deploying EJB app
            java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found: com.mainframe.pdu.types.PDU24

Add the jar file to the CLASSPATH env variable in the bin/startWebLogic script.