This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 7:38 AM by RenévanWijk RSS

WebLogic admin server not starting.

user8103307 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have a problem with my WebLogic Admin server not starting. Following a VM reboot last week our admin servers are no longer starting. On this particular server we have 3 admin servers serving 3 separate environments.

Theserver seems to be getting stuck right at the very start. I have tried removing tmp, cache and ldap directories. Searched for and removed all .lok files. I have manually turned on full debug to try and flush some extra information through standard out but no luck. It is very peculiar. When we have exported the domain to another box and started the admin server it has come up successfully.

This is the output from the logs - this is literally as far as it get before it hangs and does nothing. As far as I know the next thing WebLogic is doing is checking the version. Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be? It is server wide as all 3 admin servers on the same box are suffering the same problem.

This is Weblogic 10.3.2 on a Solaris vm
JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms256m -Xmx512m
WLS Start Mode=Development
CLASSPATH=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/patch_wls1032/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:/apps/Oracle/jrt/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/lib/tools.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/utils/config/10.3/config-launch.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/modules/features/weblogic.server.modules_10.3.2.0.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/webservices.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/modules/org.apache.ant_1.7.0/lib/ant-all.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/modules/net.sf.antcontrib_1.0.0.0_1-0b2/lib/ant-contrib.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/common/eval/pointbase/lib/pbclient57.jar:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/xqrl.jar
PATH=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server/bin:/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/modules/org.apache.ant_1.7.0/bin:/apps/Oracle/jrt/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/jre/bin:/apps/Oracle/jrt/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sfw/bin
* To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
* password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
* server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
* console at http://hostname:port/console *
starting weblogic with Java version:
Starting WLS with line:
/apps/Oracle/jrt/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/bin/java -jrockit -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.policy -Xverify:none -da -Dplatform.home=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3 -Dwls.home=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server -Dweblogic.home=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/wlserver_10.3/server -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev= -Dwlw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole= -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=/apps/Oracle/Middleware64/patch_wls1032/profiles/default/sysext_manifest_classpath weblogic.Server
<09-Jan-2013 18:32:06 o'clock GMT> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000377> <Starting WebLogic Server with Oracle JRockit(R) Version R28.0.1-21-133393-1.6.0_20-20100512-2127-solaris-sparcv9 from Oracle Corporation>
  • 1. Re: WebLogic admin server not starting.
    RenévanWijk Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Just a wild guess (as you have restarted the physical servers), it could be related to the entropy of the machine.

What you can try to do is edit the java.security file in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security directory.

Find the entry securerandom.source and edit the value to file:/dev/./urandom (instead of file:/dev/urandom)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points