1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 9:11 AM by sxkumar RSS

Problem Installing Enterprise manager cloud control 12c

When trying to install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 I get the following error :

Database Control schema exists in the database. To proceed with the installation of Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, you must deconfigure the same by running the following command:

To deconfigure Database Control for a single instance database, run the following command on database host:
      *<Database ORACLE HOME>/bin/emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD <sys password> -SYSMAN_PWD <sysman password>*

To deconfigure Database Control for a Real Application Clusters (RAC) database, run the following command on database host:
      *<Database ORACLE HOME>/bin/emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -cluster -SYS_PWD <sys password> -SYSMAN_PWD <sysman password>*

NOTE: If the existing database is on different host, then install Oracle Management Agent on the database host, to monitor the database.

I follow the procedure suggested but when I try to run emca I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/sysman/assistants/util/sqlEngine/SQLFatalErrorException
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalErrorException
      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
      at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
      Could not find the main class: oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.  Program will exit.

I am trying to build a VM server to familiarize myself with cloud control and I am using Oracle Developer Days (32 bit) (Oracle_Developer_Day.ova) as the Virtual Machine.