3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 3:39 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

How to monitor OACore JVM?

Nayas
      Hi All,

ebs r12.1.3
      rdbms 11gR2
      aix 6.1 64bits.

I would like to know if there's a way to monitor the OACore JVM usage? For example, what's running inside, how much memory free / used, memory used by each process inside, any leak, etc.
      Is there a tool to do that?

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: How to monitor OACore JVM?
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Is this a duplicate post? -- OACore monitoring question
          Nayas wrote:
          Hi All,

ebs r12.1.3
          rdbms 11gR2
          aix 6.1 64bits.

I would like to know if there's a way to monitor the OACore JVM usage? For example, what's running inside, how much memory free / used, memory used by each process inside, any leak, etc.
          Is there a tool to do that?

Thank you!
          11i: How To Use Jconsole to Monitor JVM with Oracle E-Business Suite 11i [ID 415455.1]
          JSERV Java Processes Not Starting After Upgrade To JDK 1.6.0 on HP/UX [ID 1291679.1]
          How to create a Java heapdump on e-Business Suite ? [ID 835909.1]

https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/using_jconsole_to_monitor_apps

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: How to monitor OACore JVM?
            Nayas
            Hi Hussein,

Well looks like I am repeating myself.

I spent some time looking how to enable / use the Application Server Control. Now I am able to log in as ias_admin
            Should I be seeing my opmn process in that Application Console? What am I suppose to see in that console exactly?

Thanks,
            Felix
            • 3. Re: How to monitor OACore JVM?
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Nayas wrote:
              Hi Hussein,

Well looks like I am repeating myself.

I spent some time looking how to enable / use the Application Server Control. Now I am able to log in as ias_admin
              Should I be seeing my opmn process in that Application Console? What am I suppose to see in that console exactly?

Thanks,
              Felix
              http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/jconsole.html

Thanks,
              Hussein