This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
1. Its patch 544. Both can be downloaded and are complete installs. If you have YUM setup in an existing environment.... the VM servers can be upgraded via YUM. The VM Manager has to be upgraded via the installer.1 person found this helpful
2. Yes. This is true. Maybe your local RAID controller can present the storage as two separate LUNS/Disks even though they maybe setup as a mirror. If not, then you're out of luck. Virtual box can use local storage that OS is installed on. Oracle VM 3.1.1 can't.
3. Yes. You can install the 544 version of 3.1.1 on the servers before attaching them to the VM Manager. YUM should be used to upgrade the servers if they are already attached to a VM Manager. You would then upgrade the manager first and then upgrade the servers.
Thanks, Its really helpful.
I have decided below process to install OVS and OVM.
1) Install OVS 3.1.1
2) Patch OVS with 544 via CD
3) Install OVM on Dom0
4) Patch OVM with 524
5) Then create server pool etc..
Hope this method is correct and it works.