1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2013 2:14 AM by Todd Little-Oracle

Oracle Tuxedo 8.1 With Oracle 11g Database

user508202
      Hi,

I have an old application that must be compiled with oracle 8.1 and Oracle9i Database.
      We are migrating to Oracle 11g Database, and now we have some inssues to compile with Oracle 11g Database. For example some Libraries that the Tuxedo XA Resource Manager needs from the Oracle Database, that just u can found on older versions like Oracle9i (kpudfo.o file).

what can be the solution for that problem?

An Oracle 11g database config or a Tuxedo config ?
        • 1. Re: Oracle Tuxedo 8.1 With Oracle 11g Database
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi,

When you say "Tuxedo XA Resource Manager" I'm not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean the Tuxedo transaction management servers (TMS) servers that are built with the buildtms command? If so, if there are linking errors, it has to do with either your library paths or the RM definition for Oracle Database in the $TUXDIR/udataobj/RM file. Tuxedo itself only uses the XA switch from the resource manager such as Oracle database. Now the resource manager may require a bunch of libraries, which is why I suggested you check your library path. If the above doesn't help, can you post the error you are getting and what is generating/creating the error?

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect