2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 3:40 AM by FrankBohlken RSS

4.2 Responsive theme (25) using jquery mobile items

FrankBohlken
      Hi,

First i would say very nice themes and idea to make a reponsive theme (25).
      In my company they want to use this concept for desktop and tablets.
      So also with devices with touchscreen.
      It would be very nice to use in theme 25 the following objects: sliders, date pickers (HTML5) and other jquery mobile objects.
      When i try to use those objects in the page items looks like they are not supported in the application builder.
      In select list only shown when check box not supported is checked.
      When i use theme 50 (jquery mobile smartphone) these objects are supported.
      I wondered why and is there an easy workaround.

Think to use plugins is not the way.

Thanks

Regards,
      Frank
        • 1. Re: 4.2 Responsive theme (25) using jquery mobile items
          FrankBohlken
          Can nobody help me out?

Thanks.

Regards,
          Frank
          • 2. Re: 4.2 Responsive theme (25) using jquery mobile items
            FrankBohlken
            Still no reaction at all. Little dissapointed.

I took a closer look at theme 50 and theme 25
            Theme 50 uses:
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/libraries/jquery-mobile/1.2.0/jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/themes/theme_50/css/4_2.css" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript">
            var apex_img_dir = "/i/", htmldb_Img_Dir = apex_img_dir;
            </script>
            <script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/mobile_all.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/i/libraries/jquery-mobile/1.2.0/jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/legacy.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/javascript"></script>

Theme 25 uses:
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/css/apex.min.css?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/css" />
            <!--[if IE]><link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/css/apex_ie.min.css?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/css" /><![endif]-->
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/libraries/jquery-ui/1.8.22/themes/base/jquery-ui.min.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/themes/theme_25/css/4_2.css?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/css" />
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="/i/themes/theme_25/css/responsive_grid.css?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript">
            var apex_img_dir = "/i/", htmldb_Img_Dir = apex_img_dir;
            </script>
            <script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/desktop_all.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/i/libraries/apex/minified/legacy.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/i/libraries/modernizr/2.5.3/modernizr.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08"></script>
            <!--[if lt IE 9]><script type="text/javascript" src="/i/libraries/respond-js/1.1.0/respond.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08"></script><![endif]-->
            <script type="text/javascript" src="/i/themes/theme_25/js/4_2.min.js?v=4.2.1.00.08"></script>

So theme 25 don't use jquery-mobile.
            Can i conclude that responsive webdesign only means possitioning and show and hide of regions.
            Think an user wants also a tough experience and for that the need of jquery-mobile objects.
            My definition of responsive webdesign is to do this in 1 page.

Regards,
            Frank