5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 2:29 PM by Voltaire RSS

steps to configure EBS n Siebel as sources in obia7.9.6.3

User538247
      hi,

i want to configure EBS FINANCIALS N SCM modules n Siebel CRM as sources for OBIA 7.9.6.3.

Pls let me know steps or precaution needs to be taken while configuring multiple data source.

Confirmened diamension will be containining repeted data from both EBS & Siebel.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: steps to configure EBS n Siebel as sources in obia7.9.6.3
          Voltaire
          Hi,

The Installation Steps are as given:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20490_01/bia.7963/e19038/toc.htm

The Setups are in the given document:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20490_01/bia.7963/e19039/toc.htm

When loading the data the datasource num id will be different between Siebel and the Oracle Apps. That would distinguish the both the source systems.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,
          Jay
          • 2. Re: steps to configure EBS n Siebel as sources in obia7.9.6.3
            User538247
            hi,

after this, in DAC we have to merge subject areas from siebel & ebs in single execution plan right ?

Wht about dependency priority which i have to set in DAC? is it mandatory or optional? If yess which data source needs to be taken as first?

Thanks,
            p
            • 3. Re: steps to configure EBS n Siebel as sources in obia7.9.6.3
              Ahsan Shah
              There are several things to consider including:

1. DataSource NUmbers will be different so your INTEGRATION_IDs will be different across the 2 systems so unique indexes wont be an issue
              2. If you do decide to create a single execution plan, then yes, you need to merge the 2 EPs and also take into account GENERATE SEED, etc tasks that cannot be run twice
              3. make sure you consider the loads carefully, for example, BOTH are INCREMENTAL (if you need a FULL from one you need to change refresh dates etc for that source)
              4. Any front end changes (reports for CRM versus Financials etc)

These are just a few of the items you must check and the documentation on this from Oracle is not that great. Hope this helps.

Pls mark correct or helpful
              • 4. Re: steps to configure EBS n Siebel as sources in obia7.9.6.3
                User538247
                I tried to combine SA from siebel & ebs into single execution plan. It is showing error as

MESSAGE:::The following tasks where present more than once belonging to different task groups:
                - SIL_EmployeeDimension

EXCEPTION CLASS::: com.siebel.analytics.etl.execution.ExecutionPlanInitializationException

com.siebel.analytics.etl.execution.ExecutionPlanDesignerVerification.verifyDuplicateTasks(ExecutionPlanDesignerVerification.java:99)
                com.siebel.analytics.etl.execution.ExecutionPlanDesignerVerification.verify(ExecutionPlanDesignerVerification.java:50)
                com.siebel.analytics.etl.client.util.tables.DefnBuildHelper.calculate(DefnBuildHelper.java:171)
                com.siebel.analytics.etl.client.util.tables.DefnBuildHelper.calculate(DefnBuildHelper.java:119)
                com.siebel.analytics.etl.client.view.table.EtlDefnTable.doOperation(EtlDefnTable.java:169)
                com.siebel.etl.gui.view.dialogs.WaitDialog.doOperation(WaitDialog.java:53)
                com.siebel.etl.gui.view.dialogs.WaitDialog$WorkerThread.run(WaitDialog.java:85)

Any idea on this?

Thanks,
                • 5. Re: steps to configure EBS n Siebel as sources in obia7.9.6.3
                  Voltaire
                  Hi,

Basically when ever 2 source systems/containers are being added to one Execution Plan you need to define the priority. The theory is we can have multiple SDE's running but SIL should be only one. Now as you are combining Siebel and eBS you need to define which SIL would be preferred over the other. This can be configured in DAC.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,
                  Jay