4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 2:21 AM by garcol RSS

user password reset

garcol
      Hello,

Is there a way to reset the password of a user (online-apex). I can type a new password (via Edit user), but the user has to change my temporary-password after logging in with the resetted password.
      I have tried the option 'Require Change of Password on First Use', but that only works when the user loggs in for the first time...

Gr.
      garcol
        • 1. Re: user password reset
          TRY THE CODE FOR CREATING USER IN ORACLE 10G OR 11G

CREATE USER "BOOKSTORE" PROFILE "DEFAULT" IDENTIFIED BY "*******" DEFAULT TABLESPACE "EXAMPLE" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP" ACCOUNT UNLOCK
          GRANT "CONNECT" TO "BOOKSTORE"

AND Here the password is set by you only works for the end user.
          • 2. Re: user password reset
            garcol
            Thanks,

But I need to change it in online apex (via Manage user and groups)...

'Require Change of Password on First Use' set to 'YES'
            I have filled in 'Password' and 'Confirm Password'
            Apply changes.

The I log in with the user, nothing happend... except from logging in with the password I have filled in. No popup screen with 'You have to change this password'

Normally this happens when you create a user and set 'Require Change of Password on First Use' to 'YES'.

Anyone?

Edited by: garcol on 14-jan-2013 8:06
            • 3. Re: user password reset
              P.Ranish
              This look like an issue.
              Second time onwards Option : 'Require Change of Password on First Use' is not working.... ?

Edited by: P.Ranish on Jan 15, 2013 12:36 PM
              • 4. Re: user password reset
                garcol
                I have deleted the user now, and created a new one (with the same name), now the user must change the password when logging in....
                But I think this is not te way is should work...