Am planning for upgrading from PS3(18.104.22.168.0) to PS5(22.214.171.124.0)
Would like to know about the upgrade and pre-requesties.
I have three webcenter custom portal framework(ADF) applications deployed in Weblogic server 10.3.4
Have configured WCM for two of these applications
Please clear me on the following assumption i have obtained so far :
1. Upgrade to PS5 can be done through my JDeveloper
2. Weblogic server upgarde is required or not?
3. Any issues faced by some one during the upgrade
4. Timeline taken to upgrade one custom Portal framework application
5. effect on WCM for the upgrade
6. Planning to set up analytic, discussion forum, Chat and multilingual for the two applications managed using WCM
7. Points about the certified search engine binded to this patch set
Any documents or previous threads would me through.
Your JDev should always be the same as your WLS so you should upgrade both at the same time.
For the rest it's straight forward and just follow the official documentation from Oracle.
There are no major changes between PS3 and PS5. It's the same functionality and framework so upgrading should be rather straight forward.
JDev will automatically migrate your PS3 applications to PS5.