This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 6:43 AM by AndyLittle RSS

EWPS - web-service messaging queue

user479173 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have deployed EWPS webservice and tested through SOAP-UI interface. This is tested successfully.
But the issue that we are facing is whenever we go into the iDocumaker web page ; the SOAP UI is getting error out with the following message

"Native Library C:\docclnt\MSMQLIB.DLL already loaded in another classloader"

Is it that we can use only the "message-queues" only for one application ? Or, we need to define a different message queue for EWPS ?

Thanks..
  • 1. Re: EWPS - web-service messaging queue
    AndyLittle Explorer
    Hi there, iDocumaker doesn't use EWPS web services - it interacts with Docupresentment. I suspect you have a conflict with soapUI -- you might try browsing to iDocumaker outside of soapUI.
  • 2. Re: EWPS - web-service messaging queue
    user479173 Newbie
    Hi Andy,

Yes, I understand that iDoc doesnt use webservices; but the EWPS webservice uses IDS via message-queues (ewps.config.xml) and iDoc does that too(global.xml).
    What I am understanding is will there be an issue if an external application tries to use my workspace through web-service with iDocumaker running at the backend?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks..
    Pradip

Edited by: 889054 on Jan 16, 2013 3:01 AM
  • 3. Re: EWPS - web-service messaging queue
    AndyLittle Explorer
    Hi Pradip,

The message queues provide a decoupled integration between your applications (e.g. iDocumaker and EWPS) and the back-end services, brokered by Docupresentment (IDS). Even though iDocumaker runs on the backend servers, it is still treated as a client to Docupresentment much like EWPS - both use IDS client communication APIs to interact with the message queues. The idea is that many applications (think multiple users of a web application, or multiple users of a thick-client application) are able to interact with the back-end services using the queues without causing overload on the back-end servers.

So, the short answer is that using queues is a way to provide scalable infrastructure that allows many applications to interact with the back-end services. In general, the products (iDocumaker, EWPS, IDS) are configured in such a way as to prevent users from accessing items that are in-use by other users.

If this doesn't adequately answer your question, we'll probably need additional details.

Thanks!
    -Andy

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points