This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 11:34 PM by andreasm RSS

OMB*Plus Command for Maintain/Add/Remove Experts in Context and Tools Menue

andreasm Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi there,
does anybody know how to maintain Experts in the Context- and Tools-Menue by OMB-Commands?
The problem ist, that I transfer Experts into another workspace via OMBEXPORT/OMBIMPORT,
and I would like to maintain the menues in my batch-script.
Can't find anything in the docu about this.
Thanks in advance.
Andreas
  • 1. Re: OMB*Plus Command for Maintain/Add/Remove Experts in Context and Tools Menue
    David Allan Guru
    Hi Andreas

The OMBMENU command has ADD EXPERT/REMOVE EXPORT options for adding/removing experts from the context and tools menus.
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/owb.112/e14406/chap16019.htm#AGGHCCGD

Cheers
    David
  • 2. Re: OMB*Plus Command for Maintain/Add/Remove Experts in Context and Tools Menue
    andreasm Newbie
    Hi David,
    thank you very much for the quick and correct answer.
    Just a few more questions about this.
    Now, as I know the answer, I found it in the documentation as well.
    But I allways find it very hard to find anything in the OMB*Plus Command Reference . And also with the description of the OMBMENU command: Why is there no description about the parameters in the reference? Where is the list of valid object types, and where is the description of the "QUOTED_STRING" (NEW, OPEN)?
    This command is just an example for the, in my opinion, really poor quality of the OWB*Plus Command Reference.
    Is there any underlaying reason for this that I do not understand, or is there a special strategy to work with this document, or do I just need more practice?
    The answers to this questions would be very helpfull for me, but also for my customer, where we start to implement a quite big DWH on OWB basis.
    Thanks again.
    Andreas

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points