This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 2:18 AM by Journeyer RSS

Approval Issue

Journeyer Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

When I am starting a planning unit for one of the department, the state is changing to Under review instead of First pass, for every department. If I have an owner assigned to that department, the planning unit state is under review and the owner is assigned which is defined in the assigned owner list. If I don't have an owner or any reviewer, i am getting a sub status saying "Ambiguous new owner".

Am I missing something.........?? Help

Thanks,
CM
  • 1. Re: Approval Issue
    i_need_a_FIX Journeyer
    Hi,

That's curious because I had never faced that issue until yesterday when my customer told me it kept happening.

I would like to know as well. I tried to exclude/include the planning unit which has always reseted the status to first pass in the past, but the entities in question kept starting as under review.

Thanks,
    JM
  • 2. Re: Approval Issue
    Journeyer Journeyer
    Hi,

I am doing it for the first time but as per the document, when you start the planning unit,
    the first state is the first pass, but for me the planning unit is set to under review with planning unit
    assigned to first owner.
    I know in the first pass state, there is no owner, so if I do not assign owner or reviewer, then nobody will be able to promote or review the planning unit, also i am getting error as "Ambiguous New owner" if I don't assign owner for the planning unit hierarchy.

Thank,
    CM
  • 3. Re: Approval Issue
    YSP Explorer
    Which version of epm are you using?

Thanks
    Yashwant
  • 4. Re: Approval Issue
    Journeyer Journeyer
    Hi,

It is the latest version; 11.1.2.2 with all the patches.

Thanks
    CM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points