2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 4:27 PM by user303206 RSS

Looking for mailer client for OEL 6

user303206
      Hello everyone, I am moving an Oracle EBS suite/installaion from RHEL Linux X86 to OEL X86_64. On the RHEL X86 application tier, I wrote a small concurrent manager extension that emails concurrent output to users via the mutt client. Unfortunately, I am not having much success locating a lightweight mailer like mutt nor can I locate a 64 bit kit for mutt. Can anyone suggest an light weight mail client that will build on OEL6.3 that will accept command line input?

doug garrick
        • 1. Re: Looking for mailer client for OEL 6
          Dude!
          I'm not sure what makes you say so, but mutt is part of the standard software distribution:

<pre>
          [root@vm201 ~]# yum info mutt
          Loaded plugins: downloadonly, security
          Available Packages
          Name : mutt
          Arch : x86_64
          Epoch : 5
          Version : 1.5.20
          Release : 2.20091214hg736b6a.el6_1.1
          Size : 1.2 M
          Repo : ol6_latest
          Summary : A text mode mail user agent
          URL : http://www.mutt.org/
          License : GPLv2+ and Public Domain
          Description : Mutt is a small but very powerful text-based MIME mail client. Mutt
          : is highly configurable, and is well suited to the mail power user with
          : advanced features like key bindings, keyboard macros, mail threading,
          : regular expression searches and a powerful pattern matching language
          : for selecting groups of messages.

</pre>

Perhaps you need to check your yum repository configuration. http://public-yum.oracle.com. Note that the wget command shown there does not replace your existing file.
          • 2. Re: Looking for mailer client for OEL 6
            user303206
            That resolved the issue nicely. My apologies to the OEL and Mutt communities. I updated the repositories as suggested and the mutt installed nicely. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

-doug